“Amazing special place to eat”
Review of Damimo

Damimo
Ranked #54 of 705 Restaurants in Bergamo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Had an awesome meal at this restaurant. Service was second to none. Waiter was helpful on explaining the menu. All staff made the meal a pleasure. Atmosphere was spot on ...... A real Italian flavour ..... Family run business...... Location in old town is to die for......

Write a ReviewReviews (2,842)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had our last meal at this exquisite restaurant. Nice decor, very good service and excellent food. They offer a two course tourist menu for lunch time for only 20Euro per person, water, glass of wine and cover charge included. Their pasta with swordfish was superb!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Da Mimmo is located in the beautiful upper city of Bergamo and definitely worth visiting. The house made bread is delicious and so are the pizza's. The dough is soft and fluffy on the edges and the ingredients making up the pizza are always top quality. If you are interested in house made pasta dishes, they also have some wonderful selections. The wine list is extensive, yet you can find some excellent wines at very reasonable prices. The service is very attentive, yet not intrusive. This is one of our favorites when visiting Bergamo.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant after reading an article in the Guardian about the chef Carluccio's favourite restaurants in Bergamo. We had a fantastic meal in beautiful surroundings. Our waiter was very accomodating; he told us that they usually have an English menu but because it was an Easter special our menu was only in Italian, so he translated and explained every item for us. The food was fantastic; we shared an antipasto selection of their specialities and then had pasta, a main and dessert; it was one of the best meals I've eaten in Italy, definitely worth the expense. I have to say though, when I used the bathroom I was shocked by the state of it; in complete contrast to the opulent dining room, it was worse than some public bathrooms at service stations! That minor issue aside, I would definitely recommend Da Mimmo. Note that there is a very similarly named place directly opposite (Mimi); this seemed to be more of a deli that also served food, but there's a chance that some reviewers may have confused the two establishments.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Quite tasty food, very good service,
but why my tip given to the waitress went to the pocket of fat old man sitting at the entrance of the restaurant ???
My tip was dedicated to the WAITRESS !!!! not to him... She was serving me... She was caring for good atmosphere... He get his money in the invoice I obliged to pay... Tip was for her !!!!
Do he pay taxes from tips ??????
He is just a pander!!!!