We had the pleasure of staying at the Alba and at Ca Rossa which are owned by the same family. I would highly recommend Ca Rossa (see my review) but here I focus on B&B Alba. I have nothing negative to say about this place, it is absolutely charming!
Here are some of the main points about this property:
1. It is just steps away from the main area for restaurants, shops and sightseeing in the old town (there are no cars allowed except if you have a permit so don't expect traffic noise to be a problem at all).
2. I have never stayed in a place with as much character as this. Our bedroom had a beautiful painting on the ceiling and the whole place was just so characteristic of what I picture in my head to be a traditional Italian home.
3. It is extremely clean and comfortable.
4. Pierangela and Alfonso are extremely friendly and helpful. Pierangela is full of really useful advice about where to go and they can help you out with transfers too. We took a transfer from the airport and also to the train station to get a train to Milan (the train fare was 7 Euros each for a return and trains run every half an hour or so).
There are some lovely restaurants in Bergamo old town so you will be spoilt for choice. We visited in March and it did not feel like a tourist trap at all. You definately feel like one of the locals. Pierangela will be able to advise you about how to get to Lake Como on public transport. We never went this time but she recommended this trip for our return journey. If you want a central room in Bergamo do not look any further than this. The Alba gets 10 out of 10 in my opinion.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Bed and Breakfast Alba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast Alba Chiara Hotel Bergamo
- b&b Alba Chiara