All reviews triple glazing perfect location small hotel old building croissants narrow stairs up to date church bells excellent coffee the upper floors small balcony breakfast room lady owner hard boiled eggs three nights charming hotel loved this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I stayed in this hotel with my entire family during one of the most important events of my life - my wedding weekend. While weddings always feel very hectic with much to plan (even up to the last minute), Hotel Piazza Vecchia could not have been more helpful with small, last minute tasks and happy to do so. They bent over backwards in offering to help me organize a brunch in their dining room, order numerous taxis/shuttles perfectly organized on time, and assist with language barriers with my wedding vendors. They truly went above and beyond any hotel service, and by the end of our stay, they felt like family too :)

The rooms are beautiful and classically styled, and the bathrooms are spacious and modern. The view of Bergamo's hillside from their terraces are absolutely stunning and make you really feel like you are on holiday. Their breakfast is second to none - providing a delightful spread of very fresh meats, cheeses, pastries, yogurts, eggs, and much more. The location alone could rate this hotel a 5 star, as it is ideally situated in city center, but what really makes this hotel special is the experience it provides its customers.

I look forward to returning, and thank you so much for a wonderful stay Hotel Piazza Vecchia!

Room tip: Request a room on the top floor to enjoy the stunning hillside view from their lovely shared terrace.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 12, 2018

We reserved most of this charming hotel for our daughter's wedding. The staff was extremely helpful and gracious, making the experience for everyone wonderful. The staff went above and beyond to help with wedding details, airport transfers, and even a champagne with nibbles gathering for friends while the bride prepared for the wedding.

Room tip: Each room was charming. You can't go wrong with any of the offerings.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 24, 2018

I had booked a family room since i was travelling with my wife & two children. The room size was excellent and so were the amenities and the bathroom. Breakfast was good and the Cappuccino was brilliant. Had a fantastic stay overall. The Vismara family did everything to make our stay very comfortable & enjoyable.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
bennola, Proprietario at Hotel Piazza Vecchia, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2018

Dear Arvind,
thank you very much for your review and for choosing Hotel Piazza Vecchia for your recent stay in Bergamo. We are really glad to read that you appreciated your stay with us and that all the services that we offered to you were able to exceed your expectations. We would like to thank you for remarking the professionality and the kindness of our family . We would like also to thank you for remarking the quality our breakfast. We would be delighted to welcome you back. Our kindest regards

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Visited with my partner, daughter and her new fiancé for a celebration weekend.

The hotel is situated just off the beautiful Piazza Vecchia square with all of its historical sites and excellent bars, cafes and restaurants. Ideally situated.

The hotel is boutique and very well appointed throughout. Our rooms were excellent - individually styled and very comfortable. Food at breakfast was of excellent quality.

The art throughout the hotel by De Ti is by the lady owner and is really quite excellent!

Thoroughly recommended.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
piazzavecchiaowner, Responsabile reception at Hotel Piazza Vecchia, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2018

Dear Mr. Brian

thank you for your kind review and also, to had choose our structure for your stay in Bergamo.

The most important thing for us, is that you had well understood the real philosopy of our structure,

which purpose, it's to welcome our guests like they were part of our family!

We would be delighted to welcome you back for a new improved experience with us.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Hotel located right at the heart of Bergamo Città Alta. Plenty of places to eat and shop.
Great care in the small details. Bathroom facilities top notch. Very spacious walk in shower. Modern and attractive to the eye. All toiletries, including sleepers and bath robes. Shower tower excellent (warm and very high pressure if you wanted to), but the shower rain was not good. Not enough pressure and as a result, very difficult to get the right temperature of the water. This isn't a complaint, but an observation. This was the case in my room. Probably other rooms wouldn't suffer from this.
Electric socket points at both sides of the king size bed. It may sound trivial, but many hotels suffer from this in my experience. It has a desk top if you need to work. Room is spacious. Wardrobe is spacious with a safe locker if needed. It has a fridge with water and juices I really don't remember if it had alcoholic drinks or snacks.
My room faced the main pedestrianised walkway, so it can be noisy with passing-byers. After 11:00pm it felt much quieter. I think the building and window don't fully isolate the noise. Window was double glazed, so the room was warm, even though it was chilly outside.
There is plenty of space to place-opened two suitcases.
Breakfast was well thought out with plenty of fruits and of very varied types. Cereal, eggs, yogurt, typical Italian sweet breakfast part: filled croissants, typical biscuits of the area. At first you feel it's very basic, but it is plenty indeed. Since I stayed two nights I noticed there's provision to make little changes to whats on offer for breakfast so it doesn't get boring. Coffee is made for you, even cappuccino.
The GPS would struggle to find the hotel. If you use Google maps, you will find it. As it is in a traffic restricted area, the owner of the hotel will help you with obtaining a permit to drive and park your car in Citta Alta. Parking isn't straightforward, but you will find a space for certain in the public designated spaces.
The owners aren't particularly friendly. Some people may find them rude. I don't know why they'd be like that. Hospitality business should be friendly. I didn't mind it, but if you are the type of person who expects smiles, I really don't think this is the place for you. This is only an objective observation.
Fares are a bit steep, but it is in line with "the market" in Bergamo. You pay for the location of the hotel.
The tv in my room was very small and relatively dated. I didactic switched it on. It does have some English speaking tv channels senior ca as BBC news, CNN (I think)
Overall I had a very effective stay. It works well for both business and holidays. I would go back.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
piazzavecchiaowner, Proprietario at Hotel Piazza Vecchia, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your review and for choosing Hotel Piazza Vecchia for your recent stay in Bergamo. We are really glad to read that you appreciated your stay with us . We would like to thank you for remarking our great position in the city centre next to the main services and attractions. We would like also to thank you for remarking the quality our breakfast. We would be delighted to welcome you back. Our kindest regards