“At home straight away”

Ranked #113 of 177 Bergamo B&B and Inns
newcastle upon tyne
“At home straight away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2007

I was picked up by the owner, Patrizia, at midnight and she immediately made me welcome. The B&B is well situated for both Citta Alta and Citta Bassa. After a lovely breakfast it was easy to find a bus into town and, after sightseeing, a bus to Citta Alta. It is a long walk to the Funicular so most of the time I took the steep walk up to the old town or used the buses to get to Citta Bassa and /or Citta Alta.

I bought a 3-day bus pass at the tobacconist next to the traffic lights that are just down the street and turn right.

The first thing I do in any new town is buy a map and in this case it made life so much easier.

Citta Bassa has some nice buildings and shops. Citta Alta has lots of good restaurants, churches and cafes to rest in. The tourist info in Citta Alta is found at the base of a tower on Via Gombito (turn right then straight up the lane as you leave the funicular). It is just before you reach Piazza Vecchia.

I stayed nights in the B&B. There was lots of good company and very good continental breakfasts that set you up for the day. I found Patrizia to be very helpful.
There are several places within a few hundred metres where you can spend a pleasant evening with the locals, Some sell food, some have free food on the counter (the Daragi was one, to the traffic lights and turn to your left). Most days I had lunch 'on the go' so I didn't take much notice of local restaurants.

Bergamo not be everyones taste but I certainly had a great time and I hope to be back there soon.

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank JPDG

Business
  • Greek first
Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2006

The room was small for 4 people...Actually it was a double bed room that had extra other two beds..Also the heating was not good enough and the room was cold during the morning. I was expecting more luxurious stay for 100 euros that I paid. Te lady was nice and helpful with us. The breakfast was mediorch only the esentials. The locaton though was very good. Only 15 minutes walking from old city.

Stayed November 2006

Travelers are raving about these Bergamo hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2006

I stayed 12 nights at The B & B Accademia in Bergano, Italy in September 05... The hostess Patrizia was kind and helpful... I enjoyed our breakfast talks. It was so convenient-within walking distance to the old city and the Museum where I spent my days painting. I even became accustom to sharing a bathroom with the other guest...Senora Patrizia attention to the cleaning details were first rate...I felt safe in the house which was enclosed in a charming gated alley which was kept locked and was equiped with security cameras. I would happily stay there again.

Stayed September 2005