“Nice ambiance and good service”
Review of Hostaria

Hostaria
Ranked #9 of 791 Restaurants in Bergamo
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An unmatched setting for a unique experience. The gourmet restaurant of Relais San Lorenzo is embedded within a Roman and medieval Archeological site: an exciting door on time. The fine and high-level cuisine will allow you to taste the pleasure of Italian dishes and valuable local products. (Sunday and Monday Closed, always open to guests staying at Relais) (Pets are not allowed)
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

Lovely place to eat and nice ambiance!! Food is good and it is in a medium/high price range. The only down side is it does not have an outdoor dining area... I suggest this place to couples not families with small children

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Boeing7

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Lovely evening with great food and lovely ambiance. Wine waiter a bit in love with himself but overall good

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank TONY D
Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

Modern Italian cuisine, fresh idea, high quality of food, beautiful display dish. everything come across passion, wonderful serving, really a Quality of Life. I enjoy a lot.

Date of visit: November 2016
2  Thank nicoley18
Reviewed October 24, 2016

It's the first restaurant, that asked me a reservation fee: 50€. I could understand this amount and I about to accept until, I announced, that we were 4 adults and 2 children. The fee turned into 300€ (50€ / person, no matter the age). It is so rude and mediocre. Outraged, I refused having never been treated like this by any very good restaurant, where I've been to. I went by that week-end and their terrace was empty (the restaurant and hotel were open), I wonder why. I'm still asking myself, if they asked me so much, because they recognized a Swiss phone number.

Date of visit: October 2016
16  Thank SalsettiA
Reviewed September 14, 2016

We were staying at the hotel for a few days and chose to “eat in” on a Friday evening; there were appx 20 other diners.

The weather was fantastic and we enjoyed a cocktail on the external terrace pre-dinner

The refurbished ancient Roman ruins offer a unique air conditioned setting and as with the hotel accommodation itself everything was immaculate and the staff was extremely competent, professional and friendly

We chose from the a la carte menu and received three additional “amuse bouche” offerings in addition…we were impressed by it all, quality of product, inventiveness of combinations and presentation, the chef is obviously adventurous and it was a refreshingly modern offering without being too avant garde.

Special commendation is given to the bread selection!

Compared to many Michelin establishments, which this place will be soon I’m sure, it was great value, as too the accompanying wines…special note to the sommelier that was both knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the local options which proved to be extremely acceptable!

The portions were generous even though this is a fine dining establishment and not a pile it high café!

This restaurant is an oasis of fine dining in Bergamo….there are many excellent pizza ,fast food, pasta places to enjoy but for a special meal of extremely high quality then this is the only place in town !

Date of visit: September 2016