I stayed here on a few occasions on business. I liked the hotel and Bergamo so much I brought my other half for a weekend.
This hotel is everything I want a hotel to be. The rooms and bathroom are nicely decorated and stylish; staff are pleasant and efficient; bed is comfortable; everything is clean; corridors are quiet; free wifi; price is reasonable; location is great. Only quibble is I would like a bright overhead light in the bedroom as the rooms are a bit dark for me.
The location is very convenient, being close to the train station which is also where the airport bus (only a 15-minute journey) and city buses stop. Unlike some Italian cities, the area near the train station isn't filled with unsavoury characters. Bergamo is a small city and all the attractions, lots of shops and restaurants are close to the hotel. Despite a beautiful old town, it's not on the tourist trail so no crowds and decent Italian food at a reasonable price is easy to find.
I'm sure I'll be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star hotel offering 88 rooms equipped with all comfort. The Hotel is located in the city centre of Bergamo (40 km far from Milan) opposite the "Papa Giovanni Congress Center" and near the "Donizetti Theatre", 300 meters from the railway station. The bus station with direct services to Bergamo airport is next to hotel. The Mercure hotel features a bar and facilities for disabled people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Bergamo Palazzo Dolci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Bergamo Palazzo Dolci Hotel Bergamo
- Accor Bergamo Palazzo Dolci