“Great hotel!!”
Review of Arli Hotel

Arli Hotel
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Bergamo
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel.
It has a tremedous location in the town, a perfect place to live if you want to stay central!
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room was clean and big with a delicious style. Light and fresh, and seemed to have been newly refurbished.
It was a lot of things like soap, toothbrush, cotton, shoercream, lotion etc in the bathroom, and as a lady - I like that ;)
The room was cleaned every dag.
It was a quiet hotel - we had our room with the windows against the backyard.

The hotel had both restaurant and Spa. I got a very nice body massage - 1 hour= 60 Euro.
And if you descide to eat at the restaurant : Please try the tiramisu: The best dessert EVER!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Puttelure

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Let me start by saying for those that are contemplating about visiting the area, I high suggest visiting the city of Bergamo. Aside from being a clean city, it offers many historic sites. Plus, it’s only a 50 minute train ride from Milano Centrale. It is definitely a little town that offers travelers eye candy of ancient sites as well as a very pleasant little town to stay for a couple of days.

Now for the hotel review. This hotel will beat any 4 star hotels in Milan. I really don’t know why this establishment has only a 3 star rating, but personally I feel it is a definitely 4+ star quality. Where to begin? The hotel location is a short 10 minute walk from the Bergamo train station. It is very well located for convenience of shopping, transportation, and restaurants. Unlike 99.9% of hotels in Italy, everyone at the hotel is very friendly and willing to help for any issues you may have. Including the breakfast attendants and bartenders are all very friendly and professional. Did I mention they actually greet you with a smile? The management at this hotel definitely will get 5 stars for service.

I had a single room on the 4th floor. Again, unlike many hotels in Italy the elevator at this hotel was big enough to fit 2 of my large suitcases and 2 other people. It’s a huge contrast from the hotel I came from Rome. My hotel did not have a balcony or an actual window per say. It only had an window on top of the ceiling that can be open by remote. I guess this is the only down side to my room, but it did not bother me that much not able to have a view.

The room is fantastic! Quite large for Italian standard. The duvet cover was very welcoming and comfortable. My room seemed very well kept and clean. Bathroom was equally impressive with many, many amenities that one can imagine. Once again, even the 4 star hotels do not offer such wide range of amenities. Everything worked as expected. Another surprise was aside from the standard safe, the hotel also offer a separate drawer with a key. I could easily fit my laptop and iPad in it when I leave my room. I didn’t use the TV as I worked mostly from my laptop and browsed the internet from my iPad. My rate also included Wifi. I believe it is free. Breakfast was good as well. The offer many cold meat and wide variety of bread to choose from. Upon leaving the hotel, the bus stop is just around the corner from the hotel to take me to the airport.

What a wonderful and surprise gem this is! I will most definitely return to this hotel for my future business trips within this area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TP2WXC
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised.

For me the location was perfect. Close to the bus stops for the airport bus and a 10minute walk to the train station (from where you can catch the train to Milan & Venice).

My room was very quiet and I slept very well. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was sparkling clean.

I was slightly disappointed with the breakfast but as it was included in my hotel rate I didn't mind.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeeAnneLonndon
Reviewed February 21, 2011

This was the third hotel we stayed in on our visit to the area and it was by far the cleanest, with crisp white bed linens, and a sparkling bathroom with great toiletries, and what a great mattress! I got the best sleep in this hotel. Great location especially if taking a visit to the old city, we were able to park up outside and parking was fee for the weekend.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2011

A great location in the heart of the lower city but within 10 minutes of the old town. Very helpful and friendly staff, well decorated and comfortable public areas and amazing wine dispensers in the bar! Rooms perhaps not quite up to the standard of the public areas, but clean and comfortable. Car parking available but expensive at €15 a night. Taverna Valtellinese is just round the corner too, and is a must-visit...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed here for one night, booked by my Supplier. This hotel is meeting all my minimum requirements for comfortable stay: a. good soft matras for sleeping. b. lots of acessoires in bathroom: toothbrush+paste, comb, handshaver..... no need to bring your own toiletbag, like I recently was unpleasant surprised in 5* Crown plaza and Marriot in other European cities. c. good breakfast with lots of variaties. d. good internet connection (although not on room...but in special next to lobby wifi-room). On top, the staf was very helpful, and I received a voucher for taking consumption for free between 6 and 8 pm. Have nothing to add to this excellent hotel. If to mentione one downside-element......it is the parking of your car (if you come by car). In front of the hotel you can't park on daytime, since it is max 1hour "blue zone". The parking services in the naberhood all close at about 7Pm and re-open at approx 9am. I was advised to move my car just before 7PM to the front of hotel (Blue zone free from 7pm-9am); the only point is that the number of parking space is very limited.... so you are lucky when catching a space. Would certainly stay this hotel again when in the naberhood

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank globetravelerNL
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed here for three nights after coming from Lake Garda. Hotel is only a few minutes walk from the train station. Staff are helpful on arrival. Airport bus goes just around the corner, takes about 15mins and costs about €3.50. The old city has some great views and is easy to get to also.
The hotel does not look like much from outside and the interior design in the room was a bit dated.The room and en-suite was spotless, which made me very happy having come from staying somewhere filthy. There were chocolates on the bed and two different options of pillows, and extra blankets if needed. We received a voucher for free cocktails in the bar that evening. The bathroom has a spacious bath/shower, water pressure is good and hot water always available. WiFi did not work in room but there is a special area downstairs with chairs that you can use. When we went down for our cocktails we also received a plateful of different breads with salami, cheese and tomato on top and a bowl of salted peanuts. All of which were delicious. We ate in the restaurant each night, very helpful and friendly staff, food was delicious again. The menu might not be to everyone's tastes but there are no end of restaurants close by. The first two mornings we went for breakfast we were treated like kings, we had fresh pots of coffee, staff available for any possible need and an abundance of food. We learned on the third morning which was at the weekend that they really have no idea how to cope when there are more customers. Like another reviewer commented, it was chaos, the coffee was cold, no cutlery, no cups, hardly any food, the staff were so disorganised you wanted to slap them, and people were getting really irrate, it was like another world. I personally wouldn't hold this against them, I really enjoyed my stay here and if I go to Bergamo again this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple