“Perfect Location”

Ranked #36 of 177 Bergamo B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Perfect Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

The room is perfectly located at the corner of the two main streets in the old town of Bergamo. It was very comfortable with its own private bathroom. The other two rooms share a bathroom. It was the owners family home and has been converted into a B&B. Breakfast was excellent and served in the original kitchen of the house. It was very good value for money. The owner and staff were very pleasant and helpful. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Hengelo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed four nights at this lovely B&B.
We had a spacious room with bathroom.
The owners made us feel at home.
The B&B is perfectly situated in the old town (Citta Alta), at the corner of the main street: Via Gombito., less than 5 minutes walk from the Funicolare (cable car) to the lower city and less than 10 miutes walk from the busstop at Colle Aperto from were you can go directly to the Airport (and train station).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hengelo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was in the La Torre for a week last May/June as a part of a huge group of turist visiting Bergamo.
What a find! I essentially booked the place as it was in Cita Alta and it was very reasonably priced for the area, actually cheaper than the rest.
And I did not make mistake!
The couple which run it, are amazing pll, nothing is too much for them.
I had room on the top with sheared bathroom( which wasn't any problem as its only 2 rooms at the top)
Is very centrally located, opposite the Tourist office which is in the tower, and the piazza and the rest is only about 50 meters walk.
There was great cold self service brekkie, and bottled water,tea & coffe available 24/7.
I had a health scare, as I was freshly diagnosed with diabetics, and the owners did everything to make my stay comfy, they checked on me and generally took good care of me, for that Iam ime sly greatful!
Room I had was adequate, enough space for my luggage, no TV, but as I was out all day, I did not needed one. Although the sitting room/ breakfast area has big flat TV with miryard of channels.
The owners don't live on the property, but they are only phone all away if you need them, usually around up to midday... I loved the feel of my own house, everybody was treated as long lost family member.
Minor gripe was the noise late at night, but it did come from the cafe few dors down.they were having a very noisy party.. Once I asked them to piped down, they did.. But it happend few times.
I will definitely stay again, on my next visit. There is no need to go elsewhere .

Room Tip: If you don't mind climbing few steps I recommend the two rooms on the top. They share bathroom...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank NLgirl06
Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

B&B La Torre is a very nice place to stay. At this hotel you have the opportunity to meet the culture of this country. The architectural of the building, the furniture… are all so Italy !! Any restaurant you choose you will find the tastiest food ever. We left from Italy taking with us the best memories.. The owner was very helpful for any info we asked. With his own help there was a free parking very close to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChristosMichalina
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Absolutely consider B&B La Torre Bergamo if you plan to visit Bergamo Alta, or even Bergamo Bassa for that matter. My wife and I found the B&B ideally situated and very comfortable, and we found its hostess, Gigi, extremely warm and sweet. The B&B is centrally located and close to Piazza Vecchia and one of the funicular stations that connects the upper city to its lower half. Our bedroom, the one described as a superior double room is large and well appointed. French doors overlook the small piazza below, and when open, they render the setting very authentic as murmurings of Italian filter through the curtains (no problems with noise at any time). The en-suite private bath was enormous by European standards and spotless. Our hostess, Gigi, made fresh breads or pastry each morning to accompany the other standard breakfast items, and was attentive to all of our requests. She even shared a recipe with my wife after hearing my compliments that were directed at her pear cake.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Il_Duomo
Aldershot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My first experience of B&B La Torre (as it's officially called) were not promising. Via San Lorenzo wasn't marked on my map and I got lost, and then the owner wasn't waiting to let me in, because he mistakenly believed that I had cancelled.

The first problem was totally my fault for not having a better map - Via San Lorenzo is actually just off Via Gombito, a main street in the Citta Alta. If you find the tourist information office, you are 10 metres away. The second problem was resolved with a phone call and the owner was apologetic. He doesn't live at the B&B so it might be advantageous to call him and confirm arrangements on your day of arrival. Both he and his wife speak enough English to get by.

The property was spotlessly clean and charming. I had the small single room (double bed) with a well-equipped shared bathroom - it had a beautiful view out of the window, but was indeed pretty compact with no space for a desk. Breakfast (standard croissant / coffee/ juice) is served to you between eight and nine, but outside those times you are allowed to help yourself to the fruit and cereals that are in the dining room, and whatever is in the fridge. The hosts will also show you how to operate the coffee machine if you ask. Helpful if, like me, you have an early flight to catch.

For a relaxing couple of days right in the centre of the gorgeous Citta Alta, this was a good choice. I'd give a good word to the cute little Trattoria Tre Torri just around the corner.

Please note that payment at the B&B is in cash. They don't have a card reader.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank romance_for_one
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was our first stop on our tour of northern Italy, and what a great place to relax and unwind after a long flight and lots of airports. Bergamo Citta Alta is gorgeous and charming with tiny cobblestone streets and friendly people. Gigi, our host, spoke some English and served us fresh croissants and filled pastries with our breakfast - coffee, juice, ham, cheese, yogurt, biscuits.The room was delightful with a bathroom right outside our door in the hall. The old plaza "Piazza Vecchia" is a short walk away from this B&B, so it really centrally located in the old town. We enjoyed the views from our room, watching and listening to the locals greet each other as they went about their day. Bergamo is just 1 hour from Milan by train, so it was worth it to stay in this lovely town instead of the city after our long flight. From the train station, just walk across the street to the bus station and buy a 1.20 E ticket to Citta Alta. We rode all the way to the end of the line, but another option is to transfer at the bottom of the first funicolare and ride the cable car up to Citta Alta, as Via Gombito is a central street in the old town. We enjoyed the Botanical Gardens, a tour with Bergamo4U (private tour with one guide and the two of us), and dinner at il Circolino. I highly recommend this B&B, you will be delighted.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple