“Great little hideaway with good beer”
Review of Pozzo Bianco

Pozzo Bianco
Ranked #74 of 801 Restaurants in Bergamo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Birreria specializzata in birre belghe. Cucina taglieri, primi, secondi, dolci, pizze, piadine, panini, hamburger
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here because it was close to where we’re staying. Different specials throughout the week, tonight generous pork shank with delicious potatoes and a heap of polenta served with a mug of draft beer for 14 euros. Good scarpinocc with nice flavor. Fast friendly service that makes sure everyone is happy

Date of visit: May 2018
Write a reviewReviews (307)

Reviewed April 18, 2016

Really Enjoyed my favorite Belgian abbey ale Rochefort 10 with a risotto dish cooked with Belgian Trappiste ale and other secret ingredients. Wow that was excellent!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in Bergamo for 7 nights, and for 3 of them ate at Pozzo Bianco on the Via Porta Dipinta. We don't normally eat burgers in Italy, but these were truly exceptional. Just couldn't resist going back. Well worth the walk up from the lower town. Lovely atmosphere, great service, terrific food. Wonderful beer. Great experience all round.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed October 15, 2015

When you look outside it would be easy to guess that it's just a restaurant but it is actually a bar as well with plenty of seating. And for those who are interested, they offer a good range of bottled beer.

We went for a meal however and found them to be very welcoming with English menus on hand and kindly offering to give advise needed. The two starters we ordered were excellent, can particularly recommend the potato croquettes in basil dressing. The main courses though were a little disappointing. My husband thought the polenta dish was a littke bland compared to one he'd had elsewhere a few days before. I was also a bit disappointed but I think in my case it could have been my own fault. I liked the sound of the focaccia under pizzas and was imaging it to be a thick slice, like bread, but it was thin and crispy like a pizza base. But I don't blame them I think I should have made sure it said bread afterwards.

But on the whole a good evening and if we had been staying longer and nearer them, I would definitely have gone back!

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed June 24, 2015

Very friendly staff. Good choice of beer, some vine, grappa and other drinks. Choice of dishes is not very big but acceptable. Many different picas. Better not to chose risotto :D This is not one of the places to sit in silence. This is the place for having fun with friends and celebrating life.

Date of visit: June 2015