“This is a really special place”

Trattoria Camozzi da Claudio
Ranked #3 of 705 Restaurants in Bergamo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we entered the service was excellent. We didn't have a booking but a table was found for us and some amuse bouches and prosecco offered. (10 minutes after we arrived the place was full) Family run, with a real desire to make sure you enjoy the experience, the menu was explained and recommendations were made. The food was all superb from the Casoncelli starter to the Tagliata and wonderful dolce and coffee. We have paid a lot more for a lot less in Bergamo. The bill for two with 2 glasses of decent wine came to €57.50 but they reduced it to a round €55 which was excellent value for starters, primi, dolce, coffees and vino. Before leaving we checked Christmas opening hours. We will definitely return.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent restaurant. we were greeted with a glass of prosecco upon arrival and from then onwards the food was divine. Excellent value for the food and service offered. Also a good wine selection. To note also the staff, extremely helpful, I could not find the restaurant, and when I called them they took the time to explain the location. Well done.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I ate here with a colleague last week and must say I was absolutely delighted with the price, quality and level of service. The seafood based menu offered some wonderful choices and everything we picked was cooked to a very high standard.

I would recommend this lovely family run restuarant very highly and will definitely visit again when I am next in the area.

1  Thank GlobeTrottingChap
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed a week in The Old town and love all the wonderful restaurants up there, but for a change decided to try one in The New Town on September 26. 2013.
The Comozzi was everything other reviewers have said. From the lovely welcome on arrival to the arivederci we had delicous food and wine and we had a great evening.
The owner attends to your every wish but is not 'over the top' or intrusive. On our way out he introduced us to his mother who had cooked our dinner.

1  Thank mickey-plum
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Our B+B host recommended this place and we were so pleasantly surprised with it! The decor is beautiful, elegant and quite understated. It was quite busy on a quiet Thursday night which I think is evidence of its popularity, lots of Italians there. The staff were simply some of the nicest, most attentive staff we have ever come across! While we made our choices we were given a glass of sparkling wine and there were some tasty bruschettas and olives. We shared the bresaola, which was delicious, then I had a very good seafood risotto (I usually find risotto a bit cloying and overwhelming but this was the right size and not too creamy) and my boyfriend enjoyed his steak very much. The prices were OK but became very good when considering the quality of what we were receiving! Lovely restaurant and would definitely go there again if in Bergamo!

1  Thank claudia p