“A lovely restaurant with fantastic seafood”

Trattoria Camozzi da Claudio
Ranked #3 of 705 Restaurants in Bergamo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were staying in a lovely apartment on Via Frizzoni about five minutes from Trattoria Camozzi. We tried to go in on a Saturday but it was so busy that, as we had no reservation, we had to go elsewhere. We returned on the Thursday and enjoyed a lovely meal that was great value for money. For three starters, a primi, four main courses, two desserts, a bottle of prosecco and two coffees - plus a free glass of prosecco and a taster plate for every adult - we paid 105Eur. The staff were really friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend that anyone visit this restaurant - merely a five minute walk from Via Emanuele XXIII in Citta Bassa.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My friends and I stayed in Bergamo for 3 nights and had meals in restaurants in both the main part of the city and in the old city. On our last day we decided we had time to try another restaurant for lunch before we headed to the airport.
So we went to Trattoria Camozzi.
This was certainly well worth the visit, and was my favourite restaurant over the three days.
The service was impeccable and the food was excellent.
The lunch special was two courses with water, wine and bread for €13. The bread, wine and water were regularly replenished during our meals. Excellent value in this city.
I would recommend this restaurant very highly.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Visited this place after reading Tripadvisor reviews. The restaurant is really good!
Although the patio isn`t very charming - for us it was right place to have lunch after long walks in Bergamo.
The menu of the day is very good and delisious! It includes 1 first course, 1 main dish, glass of wine, water, bread and coffee. We tried spicy pasta, amazing gnocchi with cheese, grilled tuna fillet and melon&prosciutto. Everything was very tasty and the portions were really big. Especially I`d like to mention high quality service - very friendly and pleasant.
The bill was also suprising - 26 EUR (13 EUR per person for menu of the day)!

1  Thank nikatya
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Loved this restaurant. Food was really tasty - mussel pasta I had was the best I have eaten in a long time. The guys who run this place were really lovely and recommended a fab wine. And their great english made up for my terrible italian! Its also really good value for money. Make the effort to visit this place (its literally a 5 min walk off the main road)

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Exceptional dinner at an extraordinary price. Dinner at Trattoria Camozzi was outstanding. It was the best all-around meal so far and perhaps one of the best on our many trips. We were greeted with a complimentary prosecco followed by large and tasty bruschetta – which almost made us wonder if we’d ordered too much. We shared two absolutely astounding first courses. The first was a tuna carpaccio afumiato with pistachios: thinly sliced raw tuna very lightly smoked with chopped pistachios over a chopped salad. Wow! The other first was a typical Bergomese ravioli: rough cut ravioli stuffed with minced meat and bacon with a bacon strips over. It was outstanding. My wife had a great John Dory that was perfectly done and served in an asparagus and egg sauce that complimented the fish perfectly. Potatoes and shrimp surrounded the fish. I had a classic vitello with funghi porcini: thin sliced veal in a cream sauce with the mushrooms accompanied by two pieces of polenta. We had one of the many very inexpensive wines – a local wine for 10E. The entire dinner was 60E. The host was a very congenial, and the entire meal was a delight. One of the best ever. Don't miss this restaurant in Bergamo..

1  Thank robin082