“very nice hotel”
Review of Petronilla Hotel

Petronilla Hotel
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Bergamo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

we just stay 2 days in this very nice hotel. Everything is perfect. Let's start with the people which are what we call at your service. you are not a customer you are a guest and this make all the difference between a good hotel and a nice hotel. regarding the room every thing is perfect. I suggest that you select the delux room with the spa this is perfect after long day visit in Bergame.
The hotel is very well situated in the town. 20 minutes walk and you are at the old town which is small but beautiful. the hotel is very quiet and well organized. The breakfast is fabulous with large choice of food. What to say excepted that it was very very nice to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank emh1022

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Spent a couple of nights here in July at the end of a two week holiday. Very modern finish to the hotel. Room was good with a fantastic shower, for the price I thought room would a little bigger, not that it was small. Staff are exceptionally helpful, if there is anything you wanted you only had to ask. Breakfast was a high light, fantastic offering, try the fruit topped home made yogurt .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Xtrahotvindaloo
Reviewed July 13, 2013

An absolutely fantastic stay at Petronilla hotel. Hotel is superb ,relaxing, with amazing rooms overlooking a cute central courtyard . The staff is so sweet and helpful . It is ten minutes drive from airport and bang in center. It was a lovely romantic break. Can t wait to book my next stay in the same hotel and same room with Jacuzzi in bath tub and a powerful super jet shower. The breakfast in the court yard is so peaceful and all the home made cakes are mouthwatering.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maltaclaire
Reviewed July 11, 2013

A friend and I stayed at Petronilla for night on our way to the lakes and were very impressed with the Hotel. The hotel Manager, Uta, made our stay. She went out of her to ensure we had a great time in Bergamo. She recommended the best restaurants, arranged a driver for us and really went above and beyond to make sure our stay was brilliant. Our room was very modern and the beds are very comfortable. I would definitely recommend staying at Petronilla if you are planning on visiting Bergamo.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Flip773
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This tiny hotel with a total of 12 rooms is located in the lower town of Bergamo, about a gentle 15 minute walk from the funicular to Citta Alta. The hotel is lovely, my room was large and the bathroom (especially the shower) was amazing. Breakfast was delicious and could be taken in the tiny garden at the back or in a beautiful room. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and my only gripe was that it took 4 days to find a single channel on the TV in English. On the other hand, wifi is free, so the computer can always help to keep you amused should you not be exhausted from wondering around this beautiful city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank msnic69
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My mum and I stayed at the Petronilla in June 2013 and we were not disappointed. Ida was there to greet us and was so helpful - you felt at home the minute you walked in the door, which was nice as we had a long trip from Australia. All staff gave excellent service and the hotel itself is ideally located. The rooms were spotless and a great size. Overall I could not speak more highly of them.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Bec-Westaus
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in May 2013. The hotel is quite centrally located in Citta Bassa, and it's less than ten minutes to walk to the main street. However, the most interesting part of Bergamo is probably the Citta Alta, and the walk up there is maybe twenty minutes or so.

The Petronilla is a boutique hotel with only twelve rooms, and it has been designed and built as such from scratch. My room was designed in a rather futuristic style, where all the shapes are rectangular or circular. However, I was told that all the rooms are in completely different styles. The room was big, and there was also a walk-in closet where I could keep my luggage and clothes. The sound proofing is excellent, so when the windows are shut the room is dead quiet. I could have wished for better light proofing, though, as the outside shutters and inside curtains are not very effective at blocking the light out.

The bathroom was big and in the same style as the room. It had a shower enclosure with so many advanced functions that I got a crash course when I checked in.

The breakfast is simple but delicious and select. In particular, they have home baked cakes. Try the spongy cheese cake, it's fantastic!

The service at the Petronilla is personal, and it feels like staying in a private home rather than a hotel. The staff will bend over backwards to help you make the most of your stay in Bergamo. All the lunch and dinner places they suggested to me were just perfect.

The Petronilla is a fantastic hotel, and if I return to Bergamo it's definitely the place I'll be staying.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo