Botton d'Oro B&B
$77
$220
$189
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbefore flying back homeno liftbartolomeo colleonib bthe ownerlocal meats and cheesesold townkitchen areamain buildingcitta altarestricted areafab locationhomemade breakfastupper townone nightparking tickettop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I booked a three person room for our family of five. The room was very nice and spacious, a cot and an extra bed fitted very well. The service was excellent, they even called before we arrived and gave instructions for free parking. However, it was a real challenge to find the place. I was relying on Google Maps on my smart phone and that was not a good choice. Google, Tripadvisor and Booking.com gave all different addresses for the hotel. I think the correct address is Via Bartolomeo Colleoni 30, but none of the websites give that. According to Google, there are 5 different Via Colleonis in Bergamo, and none of them is the correct one. And the parking place couldn't be found with Google Maps either. It took more than an hour for us to find the place. There is only a minor sign at the front door.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We spent 5 nights at the Botton d'Oro in Bergamo, and really enjoyed our stay. After some confusion as to the location of the B&B (we are still not sure whether there is secondary accommodation in the old town, but the address listed on Trip Advisor was not the address of the B&B. Botton d'Oro was really well situated for us. The bus stop for the airport bus (which is also the bus into the city, or up to the Old town) is around 40 yards down the road, and directly opposite for going back to the airport. It was a 5 minute walk to the funicular railway up to the old town, or within easy walking distance of the old town and the Cita Bassa. Sabrina was lovely, very helpful, and made delicious breakfasts! The B&B was nice, small, clean and newly refurbished. I would definitely recommend Botton d'Oro, but please make sure you use the address on the Hotel website, not on Trip Advisor or Google maps (or else double check the location with Sabrina before you arrive).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our family of five stayed in a two bedroom suite at this B&B. The "suite" was actually more of an apartment with two separate bedrooms, a kitchen, large dining table, living room and bath. It even had a washing machine! The suite was clean and very comfortable. It was also very close to the central square.

Sabrina, the hostess was very nice and helpful. She greeted us warmly and even allowed us to stay a little past check out time when my son wasn't feeling well.

The one thing I would mention is that there was some street noise from one of the bedroom windows. We were there on a Saturday night during the busiest part of the tourist season, so I believe it probably wouldn't always be as loud as it was that night, but I don't know that for sure. It bothered one of my sons, but the other two kids slept through it. I looked at it as the price to be payed for the great location.

All in all a wonderful place to stay at a great price!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Botton D'oro and Mrs Sabrina have really captured my heart! My husband and I stayed for the very first time at Bergamo and Botton d'Oro in January, arrived late at night, had to wait some time for the arrival of the landlord (Sabrina) but nevertheless she welcomed us professionally and advised us on restaurants. The rooms and available service are impeccable - but you must ofcourse like the "romantic touch" by Sabrina (which I very much appreciate). Second visit was just some weeks ago, with my 11 year old son - and this time we stayed at Sabrinas B&B at her private adress. Ground floor, wonderfull fresh rooms, common kitchen, and a very enjoyable city garden where also breakfast was served "Sabrina´s way": so elegant!! I love Bergamo and Il Botton d'Oro - I will surely visit Bergamo again and Botton d'Oro and wish Mrs Sabrina good business! Only one drawback : noisy neighbourhood.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I´ve stayed for the second time at Botton d´Oro B&B, this time at a even better location! They have a new location just outside of Citta Alta, which is great: close to the high town and to the lower town. This new location is even better than the Vicolo Aquila Nera: the rooms are really new and classy, very chic decoration, great bathroom, silent, there´s a garden and one private parking spot. Breakfast was delicious and room were cleaned daily.

As always, Mrs. Sabrina was very helpful, sympathic and welcoming!

One word to rate this B&B: AWESOME!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo