“Another wonderful stay, even better than my first!”
Review of Botton d'Oro B&B

Botton d'Oro B&B
Ranked #6 of 177 Bergamo B&B and Inns
Brasilia, DF
“Another wonderful stay, even better than my first!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I´ve stayed for the second time at Botton d´Oro B&B, this time at a even better location! They have a new location just outside of Citta Alta, which is great: close to the high town and to the lower town. This new location is even better than the Vicolo Aquila Nera: the rooms are really new and classy, very chic decoration, great bathroom, silent, there´s a garden and one private parking spot. Breakfast was delicious and room were cleaned daily.

As always, Mrs. Sabrina was very helpful, sympathic and welcoming!

One word to rate this B&B: AWESOME!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Beautiful B&B with perfect service and a delicious breakfast! We stayed in the bigger of the rooms, 2 adults and one child, and really enjoyed the garden access.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Belfast
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have just returned from a long weekend in Bergamo with my wife, and can definitely say I will return.
The B&B is situated in the old part of the city (the upper city), and incredibly easy to get to from the airport - I will freely admit we usually spend excess monies on taxies to locations, but getting here was so easy, we literately took at 5 minute bus ride from the airport to the lower part of the city, then walked to the funicular, took this to the upper city and arrived in the cobbled streets of the city, where-in the B&B is located on the main street. A word of warning to the wise though - the B&B is not well signed - do actually follow the house numbers and look for no30 - there you will see a small placard indicating you have reached the B&B.
The owner, Sabrina, was a delight, upon arrival, we contacted her, she arrived 10 minutes later (she does not live on site) to welcome us and show us to our room. The B&B comprises of 4 rooms, we were in the upper most room which was absolutely delightful - looked exactly like the photos - and spotlessly clean (believe me, my wife can find dirt anywhere!)
The location of this B&B is fantastic, as I alluded to, positioned on the main street, thus central to all restaurants, shops etc, but incredibly quiet - these was little to no street noise from our room. Sabrina made us feel extremely welcome, taking time to explain the sites and best highlights of the area - which was brilliant advice.
Breakfast was minimalistic but perfect - selection of breads, fruit, yoghurt etc, with a freshly cooked choice of English or Italian breakfast, we naturally went for Italian, and were not disappointed!
To top the whole experience off, our departing flight was at 6.30am, we spoke to Sabrina, and she told us she offers a shuttle service for €20. We accepted, and were collected by Sabrina at 5.30am outside the B&B and dropped off directly outside the terminal.
A fantastic experience from start to finish and one I would highly recommend, in fact, we are already pricing flights to return!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Magnium
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed at this brand new B&B at Vicolo Pelabrocco, 3 in April 2012 (Please note that the address currently listed on trip advisor - Via Aquila Nera - is no longer accurate! ) and were so happy with our choice! The price was very reasonable compared to hotels in town, the room was spacious and clean and bright and airy, and the bathroom was gorgeous! We chose to pay a little extra for the 3 person room, as it has a bathtub...the others had showers. The hostess, Sabrina, was so friendly and helpful, that we felt right at home. The B&B is just a few steps from one of the gates to the Citta Alta, so perfectly located for visiting there, or the more modern town below. There's a lovely sunny courtyard, where we ate breakfast on sunny days, too! Sabrina cooked us a fabulous full breakfast every morning - we didn't need lunch most days, as we were so full! The only negative was that the beds were very firm, which my husband didn't mind, but I like a soft bed, so I wasn't 100% comfortable.

Room Tip: The 3 person room faces the courtyard, so was much quieter, as the other two rooms faced the main st...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
finland
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We (two families, 9 people) had two 2-bedroom apartments for 3 nights at the Botton d'Oro by Via Colleoni in the very heart of the Bergamo Old City. I seems to me that Botton d'Oro has rooms in two addresses: by the via Aquila Nera and by the Via Colleoi, which both are located in the very central area of the Old City. Our apartements by the Via Colleoni were both very spacious and clean and the location was just perfect. Sabrina was a great hostess and picked us up form the airport by two cars and even took us back to the airport when we left Bergamo very early in the morning.
I can honestly recommend this accommodation for everyone as long as the taking the stairs to 2nd or 3rd floor is not a problem.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at Botton D'Oro for two nights at the end of March 2012. The airline lost my luggage so I was a few hours later than I had told Sabrina, but I called and she was very sweet and everything was fine. All three woman I met who worked there were lovely and helpful (even the one who didn't speak English). The breakfast was AMAZING - Blood Orange Juice and Pear Juice have changed me for life! haha! Everything local - really wonderful. Quiet side street that leads directly out onto Piazza Vecchio. Highly recommended.

Only odd thing to me was there was no shower - the whirpool bath (which I couldn't figure out how to work) had a handheld shower head, though, which was fine. Just odd to an American who hasn't taken a bath since I was 3 yrs old.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed here for a whopping 1 night on an extended layover on our way to Greece. We loved the Citta Alta and Botton D'Oro was centrally located. The room was very pretty - Breakfast was cooked and served by the owner and included in the price. The room had the look and feel of a room from the 1500s and that was, well - because that was when it was built. Awesome. That being said, it was warm, comfortable, and had all the amenities. The tub pictures we saw on trip advisor looked awesome, but the tub jets wasn't working when we were there, which was a disappointment for my lady, but the owner, who spoke great english (which was rare for Bergamo) came immediately to see the issue. I'm not a big tub fan, I greatly prefer showers, but that is just my preference. There is a shower thing on the tub you can pull out, but it's sit down only.

She (the owner) was very nice and helped us out with what to see while we were in town. She was the best part of the hotel honestly! Very friendly!

The cost was very inexpensive for the size of the room and the location. We spent the better part of two days in Bergamo Alta and it was really wonderful. The bus goes right to the airport. We took a taxi to our hotel and it was an affordable cost, which was acceptable for the convenience.

Wi Fi was included in the room and worked fine.

Lastly, as a strange weird experience - I am a pretty big skeptic of "ghosts" and "whatnot" but it sure felt like you were in a room with a lot of "history". It was a pretty weird feeling that night until I was finally able to go to sleep! I actually flipped on the light twice that night!

I would visit bergamo alta again - it's a beautiful city!

Room Tip: We were in the second building, which I actually liked a lot. Very safe and secure. Both locations a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple