“Nice restaurant in the città alta”
Review of La Marianna

La Marianna
Reserve with
La Marianna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 655 Restaurants in Bergamo
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Monza, Italy
“Nice restaurant in the città alta”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The restaurant is in avery nice place. In the summer time the outside terrace gas nice view on the old tien and a garden. Food is golf but i was expecting something more. Wines were fine eventuali in the low price selection. Service: we were not lucky with out waiter but the ornerà looked better. All in all a pleasant dinne with something missing to make it very pleasant

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Lithuania
“upscale... and well worth it”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The restaurant is divided into two levels. While the lower floor does indeed look like an ice cream parlour, the upper floor is a gorgeous full scale restaurant with two different (both fantastic) halls as well as a lovely summer terrace, discreetly hidden from the prying eyes on the street level. It's not for those eating out on a budget, though, and this clearly shows in restaurant's policy of giving menus without prices shown to their female customers (provided, of course, they arrive with male companions who are supposed to pick up the tab). Like most Bergamese restaurants, they serve typical specialties - divine casoncelli, risotto and so on. Wines are available by the glass for €5. Service is not rushed but very attentive.

• Visited June 2011
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Good location for a light meal”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I ate lunch at La Marianna because I was taking the #1 bus to the station afterwards--and the location was conveniently located right by the bus stop. It is an attractive space inside (a bit like an American ice cream parlor) and lots of shady tables outside. It is more a bar/gelato/snacks place than a meal, but it does serve casual sandwiches. The gelato is reputed to be the best in Bergamo but the one flavor I tried was not the best pistachio ever., but the consistency was very smooth and creamy.

My only complaint was the waiter. He came up to me when I sat down and asked what I wanted. I requested the menu and then he vanished. After about ten minutes I went inside to order a sandwich and saw him sweeping the floor. I tried to pay when I ordered but was told to pay the waiter afterwards. So afterwards I tried to pay the waiter but couldn't get his attention; it almost seemed that he was avoiding looking in my direction when he came through the seating area. I finally went inside and paid the cashier myself.