“Great restaurant in a great city”
Review of La Bruschetta

La Bruschetta
Ranked #111 of 681 Restaurants in Bergamo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great service, great location and most important- Great food.
We had the seafood spaghetti and the ravioli with meat and bacon and both dishes were delicious.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were there on a very hot evening in July 2013. Service was very fast and friendly, location is central, atmosphere good and pizza was OK (not the best I have eaten, but for sure not the worst either). In general I liked this restaurant and would return.

1  Thank Pekka T
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was there on my own a couple of weeks ago during the evening and chose the 'menu turisti' that was great value at €23.00. This included three courses (all delicious) and a carafe of red wine as well as bread.

The food was really good as was the house red. As I was on my own I was happy to take my time and read my book so I was pleased that there was no attempt by the staff to hurry me out.

The two staff members I encountered were very pleasant. In all there was nothing not to like.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Overall a horrible experience. Surly and unhelpful staff trained in the Soviet style of ignore the customer then be curt and unhelpful when contact is made. Misleading drinks listing - e.g. beer priced at a high premium shown as 6.8% is actually 5.3% when delivered - and very ordinary. The price wasn't. Pizza very low average - tough dough, I assume from an electric oven; cheap harsh cheese, lots of cheap oil. Nasty. Final straw - a basket of old, dry bits of bread was dumped on the the table then charged at 2.50 Euros. This place had been recommended by staff at the nearby Mercure hotel - gross shame on them for suggesting this tourist-focused rip off place. Only good thing I can say about it is the ambience at the outside tables, which is pleasant though noisy due to traffic. Best to AVOID.

2  Thank UkMarlin
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went there in summer - we were around 21:30 and the place was full. We didn't want look further so we decided to wait. The place is popular! A long queue formed while we were there and even if we were the first in line, there was quite a longish wait, around 20-25 minutes. However, the maitre (or owner, I am not sure) was helpful and taking personal direction for finding us a table as soon as possible, so the service on that count was personal and appreciated. The restaurant is big, and the setting is nice - but the food - while not at all terrible - seemed to resent a bit of the "quantity over quality" syndrome. Not terrible - not at at all - but neither great. Overall a pleasant experience - we were hungry :-) - but not a particularly memorable one. With a filled up restaurant, the service at the table was a bit more chaotic and we had to repeat some little orders, but again the director took charge and helped out. Prices were friendly so complaints on that side.