“Excellent value restaurant”
Review of La Bruschetta

La Bruschetta
Ranked #108 of 649 Restaurants in Bergamo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Excellent value restaurant”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was there on my own a couple of weeks ago during the evening and chose the 'menu turisti' that was great value at €23.00. This included three courses (all delicious) and a carafe of red wine as well as bread.

The food was really good as was the house red. As I was on my own I was happy to take my time and read my book so I was pleased that there was no attempt by the staff to hurry me out.

The two staff members I encountered were very pleasant. In all there was nothing not to like.

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
UK
“Horrible service, low average food”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Overall a horrible experience. Surly and unhelpful staff trained in the Soviet style of ignore the customer then be curt and unhelpful when contact is made. Misleading drinks listing - e.g. beer priced at a high premium shown as 6.8% is actually 5.3% when delivered - and very ordinary. The price wasn't. Pizza very low average - tough dough, I assume from an electric oven; cheap harsh cheese, lots of cheap oil. Nasty. Final straw - a basket of old, dry bits of bread was dumped on the the table then charged at 2.50 Euros. This place had been recommended by staff at the nearby Mercure hotel - gross shame on them for suggesting this tourist-focused rip off place. Only good thing I can say about it is the ambience at the outside tables, which is pleasant though noisy due to traffic. Best to AVOID.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank UkMarlin
Oslo, Norway
“An ok place”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went there in summer - we were around 21:30 and the place was full. We didn't want look further so we decided to wait. The place is popular! A long queue formed while we were there and even if we were the first in line, there was quite a longish wait, around 20-25 minutes. However, the maitre (or owner, I am not sure) was helpful and taking personal direction for finding us a table as soon as possible, so the service on that count was personal and appreciated. The restaurant is big, and the setting is nice - but the food - while not at all terrible - seemed to resent a bit of the "quantity over quality" syndrome. Not terrible - not at at all - but neither great. Overall a pleasant experience - we were hungry :-) - but not a particularly memorable one. With a filled up restaurant, the service at the table was a bit more chaotic and we had to repeat some little orders, but again the director took charge and helped out. Prices were friendly so complaints on that side.

Tampere, Western Finland, Finland
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I ate the tourist menu and it was a great meal for a great price.
All the other foods eaten by our party were also good.

Service was great, after we had eaten, there was some delay with receiving the bill, so we were offered a complimentary digestive drink.

All in all a great experience.

Kilwinning, Scotland, UK
“Fab Food and Fun Night”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This gorgeous restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel staff and did not disappoint. We requested an indoor table and we were escorted inside to a beautiful authentic Italian eaterie. We were greeted by our beautiful lady server (sorry, didn't get your name) who promptly appeared with complimentary glasses of lovely Prosecco - a nice touch. The menu choices are plentiful, reasonably priced and all our dishes were delicious, the sweets were to die for! My husband ordered the wrong dish which was swiftly taken away and a replacement issued - at no extra cost - his fault he admitted, so we could have been charged. Overall, a great place to eat with great ambience. Thanks for a great evening.