“This is a fantastic restaurant worth finding”

Al vecchio tagliere
Ranked #59 of 681 Restaurants in Bergamo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I ate here twice in three days, because of the excellent cuisine and really good value. Sat in a typically Italian courtyard, the excellent lunchtime menu was both tasty and great value. Fine pastas, superb salads and great coffee to enjoy. Not that difficult to find either. Just look for the alleyway on the east side of Via Sant Allesandro, which has a sign on it for 'Chocolat', a shop in the same courtyard. We had lunch on Thursday and then Saturday - very very good choice.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stumbled upon this little restaurant while shopping in the Citta Bassa. It looked very busy but they found us a table for a (late) lunch, outside on a sunny day in late June. When I see Tagliata on the menu I have to be cajoled to order something else! This Tagliata was perfectly cooked and served with fresh rocket . (Sometimes it is served with Tallegio or parmesan shavings ) We ordered some full-bodied Vino Rosso and a couple of Espresso Machiatos afterwards. Everything was perfectly cooked. There was an inclusive lunch menu of a couple or three courses and I believe that a multi-course tasting menu is offered in the evening. Sometimes there is live music. Our lunch was hurried (due to our haste to take in some last minute shopping before taking the train to Genoa) but I could see that this would be a lovely little place for a lingering dinner with some live jazz late at night. We will be back, next time we're in Bergamo and I'd say that will be very soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The menu is not particularly extensive.Pastas' on first course,steaks/meat on main.Starter portions are quite good,so two starters would suffice for the meal,should you so wish.Bottle of red house wine (Valcalepio grape,which I admit is a new one on me!) at 10euros is very good.Overall not too expensive either.

1  Thank VincenzoFrancisco
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were struggling to find somewhere to eat one evening and found this place hidden down a small walkway and inside a very pleasant courtyard. Good staff, a simple menu, nice prices and excellent local food and wine.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Good solid Bergamask kitchen, nice wine list and good service. The polenta is amazing. If you want to explore the traditional Bergamo dishes in Citta Bassa this is a great place to go.