“Excellent hostel”
Review of Central Hostel

Central Hostel
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed in the hostel for one day in a double room and i was impressed by the room which was very nice, clean, specious. I can say that if the hostel was a hotel i will rate as a 4 star hotel.
Breakfast was basic but was not a problem for a short stay of one night.
This is excellent choice for someone who doesn't like expensive accommodation.

Room Tip: Room number 1 (double room with big bed).
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2013

we stayed one night with our eight month old son and I would recommend this place to anyone. double room, on suite, AC, breakfast, and free wifi for 55 euro. amazing value and was as good as many hotels i have stayed in. very central and staff were helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

the hostel is located in the new part of bergamo, it take about 20 minutes to go up to the upper town (even if you take the funiculare). this is annoying at times. but it's near to the central station.

but the rooms are nice, big, clean and simple. there is an aircondition, the bathrooms are clean aswell and well appointed. only thing to complain about: the breakfast was poor. and the view from the window is'nt very pretty as you look at the bare house wall of the next house.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

At the beginning of August 2013 we stayed for 2 nights in the Central Hostel, Bergamo. Having travelled a lot across the Europe, we have stayed in a dozens of hotels and hostels. Nevertheless, we were very much surprised how clean and pleasant the Central Hostel was! The room and bathroom were large and very neatly cleaned. Breakfast was quite good and we especially liked the yoghurt:) I would like to express my special thanks to the people working in the Central Hostel. Ladies at the reception were pleasant and extremely helpful. They answered all our questions about the city and busses going to the airport. Later, when I got home I found out that I had forgotten a dress in my room. I thought my favourite dress is gone for ever, however I wrote a short e-mail to the hostel wondering maybe somebody found it. Camilla and Valentina from the Central Hostel reception were so kind to help me and arranged the postal delivery of my dress back to Ukraine!!!
I would highly recommend the Central Hostel as a perfect place to stay in Bergamo. It is centrally located just in a 5 minutes walk from the railway station and in the close proximity to the sightseeings and shopping streets.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Central Hostel in Bergamo is a little oasis in the heart of the town. The prices are good and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I've stayed once there after missing a flight. One of the girls on the staff printed out the new ticket I had to book. On another occasion, I had to kill several hours in Bergamo before another flight. I had a rucksack on my back, which I did not want to carry around in the heat. I left it at the hostel's baggage store room for a couple of hours and had a nice walk along the cobbled streets of Cita Alta, As a whole, I could strongly recommend this place. It's very central and one gets good service and amiable personnel.:-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hostel is within a few minutes' walk from the railway station. You can check in until late and contact the staff on the phone if anything delays you and you have to check in `even later'. The rooms are big and clean, equipped with more than you would expect from a hostel: TVs, safe boxes, towels. Some rooms have air conditioning. For late arrivers, there is a vending machine downstairs for inexpensive drinks and snacks.

This is my to-go place for pre-post flight stays in Bergamo.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2013

we werent even guests here - but wish we had been. just stopped in to ask some questions while we have a few hours to kill in Bergamo and they were so helpful, they let us use their internet and luggage storage so we could wander the city while we waited for our evening flight.

the rooms look great and the staff are great.

would recommend this hostel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple