“Michelin star experience in Bergamo”

Casual Ristorante Enrico Bartolini
Reserve a Table
Mon, 7/22
8:00 PM
Ranked #16 of 792 Restaurants in Bergamo
Reviewed November 6, 2018

If you are in for a tasty, different and somehow luxurious treat, Casual is the right restaurant for you. We preferred the meat menu & wine , to the fish one. Attendance to the table is excellent, the location is one of the best in Bergamo. it's costly but it's worth it for a special occasion.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 5, 2018

We had dinner at Casual on a Saturday evening seated in the light and spacious dining room. From the start the service was exceptional with attentive and professional staff who made us feel relaxed and welcome. We chose from the a la carte menu and enjoyed delicious dishes with a modern Italian feel, with plenty of surprise offerings from the chef that showed his incredible skill and passion for flavour. For each bottle of wine we ordered, the sommelier brought us 3 to choose from and shared his knowledge of local and national wine production. Go to Casual for an outstanding dining experience and a wonderful evening, highly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 26, 2018

It was easy to get a reservation the day before as we wanted to eat early having just arrived for a 3 day stay in Citta Alta from the USA. We had a lovely table on the terrace, although I prefer to sit across from my husband and not side-to-side, which initially seemed to present a bit of a problem as each table had an already arranged serving station. The young serving staff was friendly and as usual in most highly rated restaurants, very well synchronized (it really is a bit of a performance and well appreciated by me). Expect the usual amuse bouche. The breads offered were superb. Not a surprise, the menu was "interesting". My risotto w beetroot & gorgonzola just seeped with flavor. My husbands black cod was perfect as was my crispy pork belly. This is a very special restaurant although one can certainly be casually dressed. I understand from the manager that they are opening hotel rooms soon. I had never heard of Enrico Bartolini despite he having several Italian locations and also restaurants in Hong Kong and Dubai. Note the resident chef was born in Bergamo. The restaurant is near the bottom of the San Vigilio funicular so if you are coming from Basso Alta it is best to take the #1 bus not the funicular as otherwise you have to walk across town.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed January 23, 2018

My husband and I enjoyed our dinner at Casual. We ordered courses from degustation menu. One was seven course-menu and other five course seafood menu plus wine degustation. And everything was very good. Just we didn't like pickled radish that was served as welcome starter, but sponge cake, crispy lemony spaghetty was perfect. Very good fresh bread and tiny grissini stick, cauliflower soup with hazelnuts. I liked prawns with fried legs. It looked really like WOW but legs were chewy when I expected them crunchy. My husband's absolute favorite was suckling pig. Desserts were just perfect, especially pepper ice-cream and creme brule with blackberry ice-cream. Restaurant absolutely deserves to be Michelin starred

Amazing service, beyond excellent food. great experience. Must visit place. This place is worth that Michelin star they have. I will visit this place again

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank cipolinaz
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch with my wife and our 4 year old daughter. Yes our 4 year old! We actually didn't realise it was a Michelin starred restaurant but the staff were very welcoming.
We chose from a la carte menu. The food was exceptional and we also received tasters in beteween courses which was a nice touch. Recommended.
Only negative was the penne pasta with butter we requested for our daughter was charged at 15 euros! For the price of our meal it was a bit surprising to say the least.
That aside very elegant restaurant and exceptional food.

Date of visit: January 2018