“Lake Como Wedding with Sally at Wedding Box”
Review of Lago di Como

Lago di Como
Book In Advance
More Info
$115.94*
and up
Small-Group Lake Como, Bellagio and Lecco...
Ranked #80 of 5,940 things to do in Lombardy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I just got back from our wedding at Villa Passalacqua in Moltrasio, and truly had the most amazing experience of our lives. It wouldn't have turned out as perfectly as it did if I hadn't found Sally at Wedding Box. If I could hire her to plan my entire life, I would...she is the most patient, positive, talented, creative, hands-on, understanding wedding coordinator and I am so grateful that I found her!

I went to Sally last year thinking I would plan my wedding myself from New York - but had run into some snags and just needed some help finding a couple of vendors like a DJ and florist (which can be tough on the lake - a lot of vendors don't have websites, there's a language barrier, the companies take weeks to respond to emails, etc). Sally was on it immediately - I was taken aback by her quick response time and the way she laid everything out for me so all I had to do was choose what I wanted. She made things that had taken me weeks of unfruitful work so incredibly easy that I kept asking her for more and more help...and my fiance was so impressed that my wedding planning stress had disappeared that he convinced me to hire her to plan the whole thing. It was the best decision I could have possibly made...not only did she make my day absolutely perfect, but she patiently took on my entire wedding weekend as well (from details like a specific single flower tied to the chairs for the ceremony to big things like renting a giant bus for our guests to take from the hotel to a dock in a different town, and coordinating 50 people to get onto 7 self-drive boats there). We have probably had 1,000-plus emails over the year of my wedding planning...I'd email her in the middle of the night panicked about some little detail, I'd write long emails just purging every little thing I wanted to go over (or re-go over), and she was always right there, calmly, patiently, and quickly responding to each and every one and handling every little thing I came up with. If you're looking for a personal approach to your wedding and a booker or planner who will jump at the chance to help you find something out-of-the-ordinary (I wanted a 'just married' sign in Italian for the back of a Vespa for pictures, wish lanterns to be released after dancing, etc) - this is your person. I truly could write a book on how much she did for my wedding weekend.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do without her now that my wedding is over!

As a bride who understands how overwhelming it is to start the planning process on Lake Como, I can say that Sally is hands-down the best choice you can make, especially if you don't live in the area. You won't regret it!

11  Thank ChelsNYC
Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)
All reviews
in 53 reviews
"brunate"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed June 22, 2012

What can i say i had a different image of the Lake in my mind but when we got there it was very nice. There is not much you can do on the lake but there are lots of cute shops, cosy cafes and restaurant. We enjoyed of sandwiches, ice- creams and stroll there.I would definitely go back.

1  Thank Carven W
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have been in Como several of time ,it's beatifule lake surrounded with beatiful mountain .
You can relax and enjoy.

1  Thank KhalidAlhajri
Reviewed June 20, 2012

A memorable day trip to the original Bellagio, was breathtaking. The sky was blue the weather was perfect. The day started off with a walk around the shops, and some hard to resist items to purchase from jewelry to soccer jerseys. We stopped at a wine bar for lunch, Aperitivo et al. The staff welcomed all 12 of us with smiles and fantastic service. Although no views this restaurant is modern and cosy, and the food and wine were delicious. We went back to the shore front and waded on the stairs as we waited for our afternoon water taxi/tour to arrive. We ventured off in a Barindelli taxi boat and were given a one hour tour of Lake Como. The tutorial was interesting for the adults and entertaining to the kids (James Bond and Star Wars movie sites -yep, we say it). DInner at a restaurant on the water front, and thoughts of when can we come back. Our day ended, as we drove home towards Milan, but stopped at a beachside to take a quick swim. The rocky beach was crystal clear and not as cold as you would imagine.

1  Thank JHawk5