“Very nice lunch”
Review of Chez Madeleine

Chez Madeleine
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Norwich UK
“Very nice lunch”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Recommended to us by local wine maker Benoit Daridan we had the Saturday lunch menu here; and it was very good; €19 for 3 courses; the starter particularly exquisite. The salon was pretty full and the 2 waiting personnel busy; courteous and efficient. We were last to be accommodated at just after 1pm; typical for France, and if being very picky the broccoli with the main was over done and the chantilly with the desserts starting to implode. As noted previously there's a nice limited wine list several by the half or glass; a good opportunity to have some Cour-Cheverny blanc made from the rare local Romarantin grape.

• Visited September 2013

“Excellent”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My family and I ate here on the recommendation of the owner of the chambre d'hote we were staying in. We are glad we did. An interesting menu, excellent food, friendly welcome and good service. Good value too. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Really refined and creative. Very reasonable pricing. Nice local wines.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Thanks to several good reviews by other TripAdvisor members, we decided to test this restaurant.
We had dinner on the terrasse.
The look of this two-year old restaurant is particularly design, clean and pleasant.
The Chef, in his thirties, has already a quite long career in fine food including some years working in the UK.
My wife took the menu and I chose "a la carte".
All preparations were made of particularly fresh and tasty ingredients.
The dishes were creative, balanced and very well presented.
My wife's cold melon soup was delicious.
It was so good that, although I never eat desert, I asked at the end of my meal if I could have some of that melon soup for desert. The Chef prepared, specially for me, a dish with the soup and a ball of lime sorbet. Perfect.
Each time we travel in the Loire region, we obviously drink local wines.
The waiter recommended a Cour Cheverny (white) made of a rare vine, romorantin. Cheap and really fruity and crispy. Ideal during a warm day.
To our taste, the test was successful.
We recommend this reasonably priced place.

*********************
Many restaurants in European French speaking countries (France, Belgium, Switzerland) are called "Chez..." with the name, often a lady's name, of the founder or first cook. At the end of the meal, I asked the Chef why his brand new restaurant is called "Chez Madeleine". I was expecting his answer to be something of the kind "It was my Grandma's name. She taught me how to cook". To my great surprise, his answer was "Because my daughter's name is Madeleine".
I then asked "How old is she".
"She is six !"...
This is a proof that this young chef prefers to look towards the future rather than the past...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Carlos_R_888
London, United Kingdom
“Real taste of France-in beautiful setting.”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A total gem, great dynamic young team, well placed for the Loire Chateaux routes. A taste of the 'real' Sologne with a modern twist and very good value. Can't fault it! An absolute must.

• Visited April 2013