“Santa Margherita restaurant feature meat rather than seafood”

Ristorante Oca Bianca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife and I visit this restaurant every trip to the area. The food and service equal any meal we have in Italy. The restaurant feature pasta and meat dishes, rather than the seafood featured in the rest of the city and area, so this is an excellent change of pace. The wine list is also extensive. While not being conversant in Italian, the owner and staff have made us feel like family.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Ordered steak rare got well done/medium chef came to ask if OK I said not.no apology just said I will do another one for you but when having a meal with 1other person it spoilt the ambiance as meals would not have been together . pudding chocolate souffle also dissapointing restaurant very over rated

2  Thank deborah w
Ocabianca, Proprietario at Ristorante Oca Bianca, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

"Dear" Madame I was waiting for your revue, your face that night dasn't tell me anyting good, just because I made your meat medium rare in stat of rare as you asked you wrote a lot of lies about my restaurant and everything looks bad and it's not, your husband was wary happy and as I can see wery dissapointed about your comporatment.
While you waited 15 years to come back ... I hope you will waiting other 15 years .

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited with friends looking for a bit of a change of pace and menu selection. We shared the house antipasto which was a wonderful selection of four fresh but separate plates including a delicious soft warm cheese and a hot sausage like meat. All very tasty.
For mains two of us had the mixed grill which was beautifully cooked to our med rare order and included lamb chop,two types of steak and a duck breast which was perfect.
The wine selection was extensive although they had run out of some on the list but the suggestions from our hosts was for a less expensive bottle of the same variety which drank beautifully.
All in all a very relaxed and pleasant evening away from the tourist hot spots. We ate outside.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

When you are fed up with seafood of this coast the solution is MEAT! And here is ORA BIANCO restaurant which specialises particularly on this aspect! It's settled not on promenade so here is no tourists' crowds!
The music plays soft songs, the staff is skilled and work properly. The whole atmosohere is relaxed and easy.
Wanna know about the food? It's light, tasty, carefully and properly prepared! I had light foie gras with caramelised red onion as a starter (15€), then Angus beef with Dijon mustard (26€) and real potato chips as a side dish.
SORBETTI were delicious and tasty (8€).
Wine selection was correct and big enought from different parts of Italy.
I would recommend this restaurant from Rapallo to Portofino!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a great little restaurant away from the hustle and bustle from the main street of Santa Margherita, that in our experince is definitely worth a visit. My partner had visited the Oca previously and had suggested it for dinner. We shared an amazing vitello tonnato for our entree and I had chestnut gnocchi with pesto for my main which were very tasty. They also do a very generous garden salad if you are craving some vegetables! Angelo, was a very friendly and attentive host, who despite being down a waitstaff, was happy to have a chat with us about the food and his restaurant - would definitely visit again