See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 2, 2017

We needed to stay in S.Margharita for a night on our way to Cinque Terre.The Friday nights are always difficult in peak times.
Annabel was within walking distance and it was easy to find. Admittedly as we entered I had the shock of my life.It looked nothing like the pictures.However it soon became clear that the opposite flat has been renovated into lovely and modern rooms.That was a relief! The lady at the reception was lovely and we were given a set of keys. The double bedroom was tastefully designed.Simple and non-cluttered.Very comfortable bed.The bathroom with new and modern amenities was excellent.There was a TV, air conditioning.It was 120€ for the night which seemed a bit expensive just for a nights sleep but the prices in S.Margharita are high so we were Ok with it.
Pleased with our choice.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2016 via mobile

I booked at Annabella for 7 nights & the first night I stayed in one of the unrenovated rooms (nothing like it looks like on Booking.com! i.e. shared bathroom in the hall & very noisy on the street side) however they told me they would change rooms for me the next day. The new room was spacious, clean, modern & very comfortable - which was great value for Santa Margherita. The owners were helpful & the location of the hotel is great - walking distance to the train station & all of Santa Margherita. Strongly recommend, just make sure you are booked in a new room!

Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I travelled as a solo female to Santa Margherita and this was the cheapest hotel i could find. It was 35Euros per night for a single room with wash basin. There are 2 shared toilets and shower which is seperate.

Location: Great! It is 5 minutes walking distance to the heart of the village.

Cleanliness: Rooms are clean however common areas are qute messy.

Safety: There is no actual reception so people can just walk in and out. But i guess theft wont be a worry in SM because it is a wealthy place. The doors are locked by a certain time so you get keys to the main enterance and hostel door.

Furnishing: Annabella is a rustic charming place for people who are looking for quiet.

Service: The lady who works there is really old and sweet. However I wasn't too impressed when i checked out and she claimed to have given me back my Swiss permit (which i have put as a deposit). After searching for 1.5 hours, she finally found it but she wasn't apologetic at all and this really bothered me. It was quite a nightmare because of this delay, i missed my connection train to Cinque Terre and almost got stranded in the middle of nowhere. Otherwise, i would def have given Annabella a better review.

If you are traveling on your own and are looking for a youthful hotel, forget it because there are no hostels in SM.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the road so you can sleep better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank rainbowbiscuits
Reviewed July 25, 2012

If you are looking for a no-frills, adequate, clean place to stay, go here. Like a previous reviewer wrote, it's a little hard to categorize...it's almost like renting a room in the owner's large house, except you'll never see the owner unless you go looking for her (who, by the way, is really nice). Bed was fine, room and shared bathroom were spotless, and the location was good, close to most everything you want to do in SML. For the price, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JCBurnett
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Definitely not a hotel -- hard to find a category for it. This is the second time we stayed here. The first time I did not know what to expect and was a bit taken back by its simplicity. This time, I found it almost charming in its own peculiar way. Good location -- close to the center of town and about 8 minutes from the beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family