We are American tourists used to modernized rooms and ample parking, so the Metropole, with old-fashioned furniture and a crazy-busy parking lot (but with an efficient valet to maneuver the cars around) was a bit unusual. The included buffet breakfast on the terrace was excellent. We heard no road noise from our room in an annex south of the main building.
The hotel's location within walking distance of the town and right above the beach is great. We chose to stay here rather than in Portofino and are happy that we made that decision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional hotel dating from 1900 with modern amenities; situated in a serene garden setting with private beach, facing the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Santa Margherita Ligure
- Metropole Hotel Santa Margherita Ligure