This hotel was fantastic – old world charm in a truly lovely location. We had a junior suite (room 185) located on the top floor. The room looked much nicer in reality than how it was depicted on their website which was pleasing for us. It had a huge verandah but this was a little noisy as our room was on the end of the building where the main road was. The only negative comment related to the cleanliness of the verandah. Upon arrival there was a dirty ashtray on the outside table and the tiled verandah flooring left our feet black with dirt – it could really do with a major scrub!
The breakfast was very nice and the staff were attentive. We did use the beach area each afternoon. Whilst you had to pay for the sun beds, the deck chairs were free of charge. We used these and found them more than satisfactory for a couple of hours of beach time. The deck chairs were positioned in the same central locations as the sun beds. The pool area is also very nice and peaceful. We really liked the beach bar as well. The drinks were very reasonably priced and the view was magical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional hotel dating from 1900 with modern amenities; situated in a serene garden setting with private beach, facing the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Santa Margherita Ligure
- Metropole Hotel Santa Margherita Ligure