Hotel Metropole is just a 5 minute walk from the train station. Our room was a suite with a double room and a further single bed in a separate room. The room (111) had a very large terrace overlooking the beautiful gardens, pool and a view of the sea. The room was spacious and clean.
Breakfast was delicious - perhaps too delicious - far too tempting to eat too much.
The staff were great; knowledgable, helpful and friendly. Planning trips to Cinque Terre and Genova was much easier with their help.
We liked the hotel very much but you can hear a lot of traffic noise when you are at the pool. Santa Margherita is a popular resort for motor cyclists. It certainly did not ruin our stay but if you want peace and quiet then perhaps stay further away from the road.
We enjoyed some lovely meals in Santa Margherita. Our favourite restaurant was Il Nostromo where I had the nicest tiramisu ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional hotel dating from 1900 with modern amenities; situated in a serene garden setting with private beach, facing the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Santa Margherita Ligure
- Metropole Hotel Santa Margherita Ligure