I had seen photos of the updated lobby furnishings and grounds of the hotel. Both looked very appealing so I decided to book 3 nights in late March. After I checked-in and was shown my room I knew I couldn't spend one night there. The bed was hard as a board, the old worn blue damask drapery were depressing, the rest of the furniture was uncomfortable and the view from the small window was non-existent. I spoke with the front desk and told them I could not stay in that room. At first they were not receptive to my dissatisfaction threatened to charge my credit card for 50% (penalty fee) of the reserved stay. Then offered to show me what they considered to be the best room accommodations in the house. The room was much bigger, had two lovely view balcony's, however the bed was still hard and was furnished with the same old, dated furniture and worn blue damask draperies. I paid an additional charge for the larger room, but felt trapped. It was either leave the hotel and pay a penalty fee of nearly 400 euros or pay a little more and stay put. The housekeeping staff, put folded blankets on the mattress to make it softer, but it really didn't help. The food was fair, yet the dining room staff were exceptional and very professional. The steam room never got hot enough and the floor was extremely slippery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional hotel dating from 1900 with modern amenities; situated in a serene garden setting with private beach, facing the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Santa Margherita Ligure
- Metropole Hotel Santa Margherita Ligure