“Great food, Great Location”
Review of ristorante skipper

ristorante skipper
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This restaurant is right on the marina, a little walk towards the Portofino end (where the massive yachts are). I don’t think you can beat the location of this restaurant in Santa Margherita. There is a floating pontoon section as well which looked lovely. The food and wine were very good indeed. My only slight criticism would be that the staff could have been a little more friendly. Overall a great restaurant, great food and a fantastic location. I would, and have, recommend this place to others.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Based upon all the positive reviews here we decided to try it out, but the food was a huge disappointment. We both took the grilled tuna with grilled vegetables and potatoes. The fish was so dry and tasteless I wonder if its been deep frozen before. For this and a bottle of wine we payed 92 euros.

Location and atmosphere is fantastic though, but you can eat much better food for a third of the price elsewhere in Santa Margherita.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was disappointed with the Skipper. The pontoon looked a little gimmicky but I was persuaded to eat there based on the reviews on here. We both ordered the mixed grilled seafood which was ok but vastly over priced for what you had, I object to paying 5 euros per prawn. Perhaps we made a poor choice as some other people's meals did look good. If you have children they will love throwing the bread in for the fish ( if it's anything like the bread we were given I suggest you let them throw in the entire basket) The location is good and I have to admit to enjoying being on the pontoon but our food was over priced. A case of style over substance I think.

1  Thank SnorkelWales
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a fantastic restaurant, fresh, well prepared dishes, great attention to the customer,and food to die for. We have eaten elsewhere in the area and Skippers came out on top, the food is excellent and this is the reason we go out to eat, This is what we remember long after the experience, its not expensive for this quality,expensive is when the food is not the best, whatever the price may be, but judge for yourselves,treat yourselves to something truly wonderful.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Having not made a reservation in the height of season we were sceptical of our choices for dining on the wharf. What a delightful bunch of welcoming staff at Ristorante Skipper. They seated us on the bobbing pier and continued to impress us with the choice of the most incredible seafood delights presented by the loveliest waitress. Dont miss the squid salad, or the platters of various delicacies. The bread on the tables isnt only for feeding the fish. The wine selection is decent, and a lemoncello at the end of the meal signalled the end of a perfect nights dining.