“Best fish ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Altro Eden

L'Altro Eden
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Beirut, Lebanon
“Best fish ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Simply the best fish we ever ate!
Prepared al “forno” with so much flavors; it was absolutely delicious. Trust me, we were 4, and the 4 of us are fish amateurs.

The welcoming was very warm and nice!

The chef/owner was very pleasant; he came to check on us and wanted to make sure that we ate the whole fish ☺!

Service efficient and cordial.

Sit outside.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ray-bech

• Turkish first
Ancona, Italy
“good food but little value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Some local friends made the reservation, assuring us that it's one of the best in the area. Let's hope that they're wrong because there were just too many snags to make this a place where I'd return. First, it was a beautiful summer evening and they just accepted too many reservations. Our table was ready when we arrived but only acrobats were able to get to the chairs on one side of the table! Then the service was too slow (it would seem that the kitchen wasn't able to keep up with requests).
The food was fine but there was nothing innovative or outstanding in the preparation and presentation. But the most painful moment was when the bill came-- 75 euros per person. Had each of our meals included at least 3 courses (starter, main course, and a dessert), I'd say that was fair but we ate (and drank) light!

• Visited September 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

On the reccomedation of our concierge we went. The restaurant has real promise, we were greeted by a very charming lady with a new tattoo she was obviously proud off, after a pleasant chat we were "served" by a middle aged gentleman and things went downhill. Tried to order oysters. . . No oysters today. . . Ok no problem. As we were about to order something else he walks off. Settled on the shrimp appetizer, it was ok . . . Nothing special.

I had the spaghetti with clams, my wife the shrimp pasta. So first, my pasta arrived several minutes before my wife's, again not critical, more annoying. Second my wife's pasta was not cooked, I get al dente, but nowhere should pasta be crunchy. Again not a killer but things are now adding up. Thirdly my pasta portion was half the size of my wife's. Now again not critical but things are getting out of hand. Finally my clams were not fresh, several were dead before cooking (unopened).

Finally two pastas 28 euros
One water 7 euros
Bread. . . 10 euros WTF
1/2 bottle house wine 18 euros

Add it up . . 63 euros right. . nope 71 euros. Service and tax

This is by far the worst meal we have had in Italy.

Feel free to try but for this money I would say find something else.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Canuckmike555
Geneva, Switzerland
“Super fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Go for it if you like fish, be it raw or cooked. Portions are on the small side but quality is at the top. I dislike the interior decoration, too modern and pretentious but does that really matter if you walk out remembering how good the food was and forgetting how much you spent? Very probably the best restaurant in the village.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JohnSuisse
Connecticut
“great local restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

lovely locl restaraunt with yummy fish and pesto - easy to reach from Grand Hotel Miramare

Visited September 2011