“excellent and family owned”
Review of Baicin

Baicin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2012

have had dinner here many times when visiting santa margherita; family owned and run...great service and food is excellent.. always fresh seafood and the best bolognese ever!! cintinues to be one of our favorites and we will continue to frequent

There are newer reviews for Baicin

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I had the pesto pasta and my husband had the seafood pasta which was also good. The branzino was good but they still had all the bones even though it was filleted. The owners were sweet though. It is probably a better choice than the tourist places, but we were spoiled in Tocana and Florence.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We ate two dinners there and enjoyed them both. Fresh ingredients and friendly service in this family-owned restaurant. We ate there in 2004 and the place has not changed at all. Decent value - the wait staff has a dry sense of humor that might offend some - we enjoyed it.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We visited this trattoria during our time in Santa Margherita. We had read the positive reviews on tripadvisor and thought it might be worth a visit. Indeed we found the food satisfactory but the service was poor. Good food can be found in many restaurants in Santa Margherita so I would not limit oneself to this restaurant. It started when some guests, who arrived after us were served first. Then our wine arrived and while my fiance was tasting the wine, the waitress poured the wine into my glass without even asking if it was good or not. The other guests seemed to be treated better than us. Next my partner received his starter and it took another fifteen minutes for my dish to arrive. He had almost finished at this stage. It kind of takes the pleasure out of eating together. The main course was satisfactory. When we wanted to pay, we were informed that we would have to pay at the till. The bill in total came to €84 for two starters, two main courses, water and a €9 bottle of rose. Quite pricey for what it was. We were also not presented with a receipt. Also another fault with this trattoria is that when you are sitting outside you can smell the fumes from the passing traffic, which are quite strong. I would not return to this restaurant again.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

My wife and I had dinner here while on vacation in Santa Margherita. I had read about in a well-known guidebook, so we decided to check it out. This is one of those places that seem to be very popular with the locals as well as visitors. There is some outdoor seating, but keep in mind that you can still smoke at restaurants if you're sitting outside (which we saw a lot of).

The restaurant had two pre-packaged menus that you could choose from in addition to the typical al a carte approach. We took advantage of one of the preset menus and were not disappointed. There is a "trofie" pasta dish that is popular in this region that is very good here. If I recall, it had gnocchi, pesto, and pine nuts, and I would recommend it. As with a lot of restaurants in Italy, their house wine was more than satisfactory and very reasonably priced (1/2 liter for 5 euros).

Service took a little longer as the restaurant filled up, but we found everyone to be very pleasant and would not hesitate to go back if we were ever in the area again.