“Rank food”

Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Rank food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Location next to a main road but take that to one side, we were late going out for lunch so decided to pop in and sit down.

Alarm bells rang even when the still water came in a bottle that had been opened before being brought to the table; not just unscrewed but it was obviously a ceramic type bottle lid as the holes from the wire were there but the lid taken off, obviously so it could be washed and reused with the chlorinated water that was now inside it.

The caprese was served and was ok, although you can't really go wrong with slices of mozzarella and tomato, but the main was a disaster; my wife had ordered ravioli however this was quite obviously from a supermarket, very very small and dried, not the lovely parcels of pasta filled with meat from Piemonte as described on the menu - smothered in pesto and olive oil to disguise the flavour of it!

My fruits of the sea tagliatelle was permeated with the rank taste of the preserved squid they used in it instead of any of the abundance of fresh squid available locally! For a restaurant that advertises 'great seafood since 1904' I would suggest the original owners would turn in their graves at the concoctions served up to us at lunch. Avoid

Kiev, Ukraine
“Great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

It was our second visit to Colombo. And it was even better then the first one last September)). Great people serving great food in great location. Thank you guys for perfect lunch we had. La Zupetta was perfetto )) We definetely coming again

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Deniss290
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Veggie Pizza Done Right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We were finishing our day trip to Portofino and somehow found ourselves at this little place. The price was decent, it had outdoor seating, so we went. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was extremely accommodating and when the waiter said they didn't have mint leaves in order to make the Mojito I ordered, he was extremely apologetic. I ordered the Vegatariana pizza and it was absolutely amazing. The atmosphere was wonderful as we sat outside overlooking the Santa Margherita Harbor. Just a nice little restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
Villaga, Italy
“A Classic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

I just happened to dine here on Columbus day, I didn't note the irony until I departed and stumbled upon the statue of Christopher Columbus across the street. At first put off by the lackluster ambiance, and abundance of tourists dining inside, my assumptions were assuaged at first by the friendly service and then the reasonable prices reflected on the menu, and finally by the scrumptious meal. In hindsight, after several nights spent in Santa Margherita and having the pleasure of indulging in many of its dining options, Ristorante Colombo is remembered as one of my favorite meals (none of which disappointed in this small town).
I've waited too long to recall what I ordered specifically, but I had no problem finding a suitable meal as a vegetarian despite the fact that their website boasts a "meat based menu".

Visited October 2011
1 Thank SBrady
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very nice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I was apprehensive when we walked in because the other patrons were all English-speaking tourists and this place's location is so central that it seems like a default choice for lost tourists (like me) rather than a place chosen for its great food. Well, it exceeded my expectations. The staff were friendly and the food was excellent. The fish was good and the side order of grilled veggies was excellent. I would go back any day.

• Visited October 2011