“What is wrong with people sometimes..............”

Ristorante focacceria focaccia in riviera
Ranked #5 of 194 Restaurants in Rapallo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
New York City, New York
“What is wrong with people sometimes..............”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I could not stop LMAO when reading reviews of people looking for Irish Coffee in a place like this one.... what is wrong with you, can't you tell this is not the place for that????? I grew up in this area and I know this place quite well. When I'm there I go often with my local friends and all we have is the "Focaccia Al Formaggio Tipo Recco" which is original from the nearby town of Recco. The Master Focacciaio in the kitchen was used to work in one of the most famous restaurant in Recco and his Focaccia is probably the best you can find not only in Rapallo but in the whole surrounding area. Have it plain or with Prosciutto Crudo or with Pesto Sauce. Want seafood? Probably worth looking somewhere else but if you want to have the real Focaccia al Formaggio experience, I could not suggest any other place in Rapallo.
PS The name of the restaurant itself should tell the story "Focaccia In Riviera" that says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2012

“Good try, needs maturing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

The food was good. We had pasta and beef. They seem to try hard, but perhaps lack the experience to lift the whole experience. You see this In all the details they dont get right. From the inexperienced waitress, to the lack of black pepper on the table to the complete lack of knowladge on how a irish coffee is supposed to be made. But they try atleast. You can sit inside or outside. Outside there is chance of a bit of seaview.

Good effort, perhaps next year they can nail it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank panzer76
Como, Italy
“Not to consider as a restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I booked a table with sea view a day earlier and called 2 hours before dinner to confirm the table. The restaurant did confirm that the table was ready with my name on it, we agreed once again the timing. Later when we came to the restaurant our table was given away to someone else, so we had no longer sea view. The clams ordered was almost cold, the tuna carpaccio was good. The sparkling mineral water "home made" was almost still and not very cold. The choice of wines were limited and the chosen local ones were both terminated. We got though a non local wine which was good enough. The salad was good and so was the tuna slightly braised in a saucepan, but the fried mixed fish was unbeatable. Not because I am not used to it, as I often choose this dish in different restaurants, but because it was simply fried for too long time on a low temperature... I would definitely not consider this place for dinner, maybe for a light lunch. If you want to impress on your lady this is definitely the wrong place to go to...

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Victor F
Vancouver, Canada
“Good to try but not in the top 10”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

After many recommendations from locals, our hotel and tripadvisor, we went to Focaccia for a special night in Rapallo. We had the focaccia alla formaggio (a local specialty that is more cheese pastry than focaccia) and the grilled mixed seafood for 2. The focaccia was good, really hard to describe and therefore a must try. The grilled fish, although good, was overpriced for what we expected (you can get so much more elsewhere).

Service was good and it is by the promenade.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank getoffthetrain
London, United Kingdom
“If you like seafood, you must try this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went to this restaurant for dinner based on previous Tripadvisor recommendations. It didn't disappoint! I enjoyed the food that much I went back with a friend the next night!
On my second night, my friend and I shared a seafood platter for two, which had fish, tiger prawns, calamari, muscles... And we got a free glass of proseco before our meal. On top of this, the view over the bay is fantastic. It is a bit pricey, but this is to be expected as this was seafront Italy during high season...

Visited June 2013