“A truly beautiful, historical & charming hotel, with breathtaking views from every room.”
Review of Hotel Riviera

Hotel Riviera
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Rapallo
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This charming hotel, has been in the lovely Gambero family since the 1930's. Upon arriving I was immediately welcomed by Claudio, Silvana & Lorenzo Gambero. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered my very spacious room which was very nicely decorated and very clean, and equipped with every thing I would need over the next 5 days. I immediately opened the shutters and took in one of the most stunning views across from the Tigullio Gulf. Every morning I rose to the most amazing sunrise.

The location of this hotel could not be any better or more beautiful, the promenade is just 30 steps from the lobby, lined with gorgeous Palm trees and flower gardens which made for a lovely walk every morning after enjoying a yummy breakfast buffet courtesy of the hotel. All the quaint shops & restaurants of Rapallo are within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel dining room and Hostaria Vecchia Rapallo were my two favourite restaurants, in ALL of Italy. Be sure to try the yummy pear ravioli at Massimos restaurant.

The charming Gambero' Family together with their friendly and helpful staff treated me so well, informing me of the train schedules, updating me on the weather forecast for the day, even seeing to my laundry before departing for Milan. I highly recommend this hotel, I would rate it 10 out of 10 . I am already planning my 2011 Italian vacation, back to the Charming Hotel Riviera in Beautiful Rapallo.
Patricia Vangolen Cousins

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank patriciavangolen

Reviewed August 24, 2010

A Gem ! A family owned and operated hotel, for three generations, that is centrally located and spotlessly clean. The staff are polite and helpful. Silvana and Claudio's son Lorenzo who works the front desk is an encyclopedia of information and always willing to help. We enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay again. Great value.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vacationsforthesoul
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I have stayed and dined at the Hotel Riviera numerous times over the past seven years, and have recommended it to my friends. My recent visit reminded me how much I like it. The location is superb, with lovely views over the Gulf and the harbour. The rooms are clean and tidy if a little spare- what I'd expect in a proper hotel of this star rating. But what really clinches the deal is the excellent and friendly service which starts with the owners Claudio and Silvana and extends to every member of staff, most of whom have been here for many years. And don't miss dining in the restaurant- it's one of the best eateries in town and frequented by locals.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank rascal_EM
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Having arrived in Rapallo without reservations, I was fortunate enough to stop by the Hotel Riviera where I consequently met Claudio And Silvana Gambero, owners of the Hotel. Because of them I ended up staying an additional three days. The attention and service that they show their clients is something not found often and the knowledge of foods & wine that Claudio has is readily seen in the manner in which he proudly serves his guests in the hotel restaurant, Il Gambero. I have often recommended the hotel to my friends that love to travel thru the Italian Riviera.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrangel47
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Rapallo is beautiful and this is one of the most historic hotels in the city. We had a beautiful room with a view of the ocean that absolutely could not be beat. The room and bathroom were both very spacious. The staff was very friendly and helped us purchase some tickets for the boat. Overall it is a beautiful and well run hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CPMustang
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My wife, my teenage son and I spent one night at the Riviera, and that was enough for us! The junior suite we stayed in was plain, worn, noisy and hot, and the owner had an edge to him that ticked us off. We ended up finding a great room at the Bristol (albeit quite a bit more expensive) - but it was quiet, the AC worked, the pool was fantastic in the heat, and the beds were comfortable, unlike the Riviera's rock-hard cots. Rapallo is a great, great town. We were happy to end up in a hotel that was worthy of the locale.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2009

We spent 10 days recently the Hotel Riviera in Rapallo. We were delighted with our choice. The hotel had recently been renovated which certainly gave the rooms and hotel in general an extremely fresh feel.

However, what distinguished this family run hotel from others we have stayed in was the extremely warm welcome and kind attention of everyone from Claudio the owner and all of his staff.

We ate in the restaurant a number of times and would say that they were the best meals we had in Rapallo.

In short we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone spending time there.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends