We have just returned from Rapallo and would definitely return to this hotel. The hotel is about 20 minutes walk from the town centre so close to amenities but away from the hustle and bustle. The hotel is very impressive from the outside. Very clean inside. We had booked a garden room as we weren't prepared to pay the high supplement for a sea view room, however when we checked in we were allocated a sea view and the view was wonderful. Other reviewers have covered all aspects of the hotel so I wont repeat their comments but I will comment on a few things:
1. The reception staff at check in were not particularly welcoming and we weren't offered the services of a porter to help take our luggage to our room. This is standard in 3 star hotels so disappointing this was not offered. Check out was just as poor, we weren't asked if we enjoyed our stay or thanked for our custom.
2. Our room was in need of a little maintenance. The wall around the luggage rack was scuffed, as were some other areas. A mere detail but it would take minutes to tidy up. The carpet could do with a shampoo - not dirty but in need of a freshen up. The curtain over the bed head had hooks missing, again, no big deal but lacking attention to detail.
3. Getting in to the bath was like getting in to a formula one car, oddly shaped, short and narrow. Once in you couldn't move. The grouting round the bath was badly done and discolouring.
4. The mattress was as hard as a board.
5. We ate in the rooftop restaurant over a number of evenings and were amused that a request for a glass of coke meant the waiter had to travel down 4 or 5 floors, or the barman up 4 or 5 floors, to deliver this request.
So, apart from a few niggles, the hotel was lovley, The pool was a good size, plenty of sun loungers were available. The waiting staff were efficient and the roof garden restaurant, although expensive, is a must if only for the view.
So, all in all, I would recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay there in the future,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning views, amazing service in one of the most beautiful corner in the world, Tigullio Gulf.In a 1908 Belle Epoque Hotel, completely refurbished, the atmosphere is always happy, colours are light, Staff is smiling.Perfect spot to visit Cinque Terre, Forte dei Marmi, Portofino, Genova and the entire Riviera Ligure.Amazing food, local and international, Staff attentive and pleased to be useful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Grand Hotel Bristol Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Rapallo
- Nh Hotels Rapallo
- Grand Hotel Bristol Rapallo