“Saturday night fever ? better reserve !”
Review of Luca

Luca
Ranked #57 of 201 Restaurants in Rapallo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
French Riviera
“Saturday night fever ? better reserve !”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We spent a short week at the Excelsior Palace (which I reviewed last year) and decided to walk into town for dinner. Across the road from the hotel a small sign caught our eye "Ristorante Luca". We hadn't intended to dine in the Marina but decided to check it out. This was early September and we expected a quiet dinner. Fortunately we got there early around 8:15 and were able to get a table for two inside. Only one large table was occupied. Starting at 8:30 guests just kept on coming until the indoor section was full and they managed to add 3 small tables on the sidewalk rather than turn away guests !
The beautiful interior decoration as well as the guests demonstrated this was the Yacht Club restaurant and the tasteful food was meant to turn this place into a local hangout. Real italian atmosphere. We didn't intend to have a large dinner and went for 2 starters (about 10€ each). The dishes were plentiful and the melon and ham I ordered came with about 8 slices of freshly cut italian ham ! To keep the review short let me wrap up by saying this is a top spot in Rapallo (and our second trip there later that week confirmed it).

• Visited September 2013

Key West, Florida, United States
“Too Chic”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I didn't like the location, but the food was decent, just very expensive for lunch. Would have preferred to be in a restaurant on the sea. The owner was extremely friendly. Just not my favorite of the trip.

Visited September 2013
Vienna, Austria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place to dine”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Perfect location near Excelsior Palace Hotel! Nice menu for all family members! Extended and exciting wine list! Try gamberi crudi ;) thx

Visited August 2013
Moscow
“Good seafood, poor service”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The location is vrry tempting - in Marina of Rapallo.
The cuisine is also good and there are many fish and seafood dishes. The wine list is also big enought and mostly all italian wine regions are suggested.
I have wsrm sea salad (15€), fish ravioli(18€) and Sole fish muriner (24€) as a main course.
But they should improve the service because the wsitresses seem to be uninterested and exhausted. Do they have immigrant permition for work, by the wsy???

• Visited August 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Sit down and read this as its the best restaurant in Liguria”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

That is a bold statement, really I understand that in the area there are many that would dispute this.
I live and work in Milan, I eat a lot of fantastic food at a lot of fabulous restaurants at all budget levels. However let me explain and then show the pictures.
We asked the Hotel for a recommendation (but then referred to trip advisor anyway) and we wanted to go here. We asked the hotel to call a taxi and book a table. After three minutes the restaurant owner arrived at the hotel in our car and drove us back to his restaurant, how about that for service.

Table outside although there were nice tables within, but its August and perfect weather and views.

So we want to order and the staff and their Italian is not perfect until a very helpful waitress arrived who spoke English to a very high standard. The restaurant owner knows everyone who walks by and is very friendly and just what you need in this business. So I decide to be awkward and go off menu, no problem and happy to help, at a very reasonable price to.

Oh and the wine list is fantastic, well it starts at around 20 euros but there is a bottle for 2950 euros.... careful if you drink to much and start to order your second bottle :).

So we ordered a variety of dishes and the presentation of them was to a very high standard but the taste, my antipasti was Octopus and mashed potato, I have to say this was out of this world. Even my delightful wife, who tends to avoid more exotic foods tasted it and had to admit it was very nice.

The price in the end was a little high but we did eat very very well. I have attached the bill. The owner even gave us an unprompted discount of 10%, and he drove us back to the hotel.

Have a look at the pictures, if you visit Rapallo please enjoy the Octopus.

• Visited August 2013