Hotel Piccolo Portofino
$748
$726
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Regina Elena(Santa Margherita Ligure)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
Grand Hotel Miramare(Santa Margherita Ligure)
$557
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Anita(Santa Margherita Ligure)(Great Value!)
$205
$177
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Hotel Minerva(Santa Margherita Ligure)(Great Value!)
$211
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Eden(Portofino)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate beachsea viewsmall bayminute walkpedestrian pathred carpetbeach barsmall hotelsanta margheritaamazing hotelstayed longerthe hotel staffbusy roadrooms are largeshower roomsun loungerspark your car
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel online from Australia, and after reading the reviews we thought it may have some drawbacks. However, after staying 3 nights I rate this hotel as SUPERB. Reasons:
1. Great room - very good shower, room size, location and view of the small bay.
2, the private beach - amazing
3. the hospitality and breakfast - again, outstanding.
4. Proximity to Porfofino harbour - a short SAFE walk along a high pedestrian lane well away from cars. The hotel is away from the main 'bustle' of Porofino, so is quite secluded (even though it is on the main access road).
I cannot understand the reviews complaining about staff (they were great), the unsafe road (why anyone would walk on the road when there is a perfectly safe pedestrian lane is beyond me), the rooms (large, clean, big shower, wifi, tv etc etc).
We will definitely return one day. We often talk about our excellent stay at Portofino!

Room Tip: We were given a great room with a bay view without requesting it. If you don't get one, asking for one would be advisable.
1  Thank Kevin L
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Without a doubt, Portofino has been the highlight of our Italy trip! We spent 3 weeks in Italy and unfortunately we started in Portofino therefore we started with the best first. Portofino is sheer class and has a beautiful ambience about the whole town. Yes Portofino is expensive but it is worth every cent and we already can't wait to come back. We were here for 4 nights and could have stayed longer. This hotel was perfect! We were here on our honeymoon and we had such an amazing room with a large balcony overlooking the harbour, and the harbour is magnificent! A very short yet beautiful stroll to the main part of town (less than 5 minute walk). The special feature of this hotel was the private beach out the front of the hotel, it was truly beautiful ( and the hotel wifi works on the private beach which is a great bonus). My sister is getting married next year and I will definitely tell her to come to this hotel for a special experience.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in a Superior triple room for 3 nights.

After a 6 hour delay we finally reached the hotel. 40mins in a taxi from Genoa airport costing €120. We arrived at the hotel at 8pm. Check in was fast and easy. We were taken to our room straight away and we were very pleased we were allocated a sea view room, we woke every morning to a beautiful view! We had a twin/double, and a double sofa bed. The guy said he would have the sofa bed set up for us whilst we were at dinner but unfortunately when we returned it was not. I had to call down to reception to ask for additional pillows and a blanket. it was sorted out right away.

The room was adequate in size. We had two wardobes which was perfect for 3 of us. The bathroom was small yet functional. The shower however is dark as no light shines on it. But otherwise the room and bathroom were both clean and modern.

The hotel is on the main road but there is easy pedestrian access to Portofino, it only takes 5 minutes. We took advantage of the hotels private beach terrace with sun loungers. There is a little bar which served drinks and good, and beach towels are provided. We had lunch one day at the bar which was fine and good value.

Breakfast is served until 1030. Unfortunately we did not think much of breakfast. We were disappointed since many people have given good reviews on the breakfasts. They had the usual you would expect for a continental breakfast, cereals, yogurts, fruit was just ok, scambled egg, a small board of cold meet, croissants and cakes, juices etc. On our last morning we came down at 1010 and they had run out of croissants which was very disappointing so we grabbed some pastries from the patisserie in Portofino before heading to the airport.

The hotel was clean, the tinw/double bed mattress was pretty firm but I found the sofa bed to be quite comfy, i guess it comes to personal prefence on what kind of bed you prefer!

All in all, a great stay at Piccolo and I would stay again.

Room Tip: We did request a seaview room upon booking with Expedia. The views were amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Piccolo hotel is located right on (and I do mean right on) the road into the center of Portofino. It is a quick 5 minute walk down a pretty footpath behind the hotel.
At first I managed to miss the hotel and ended up parking in the center, about a 3rd of a mile away. After a cab wanted 35 Euro to go 2 mins I went back, got the car and found the hotel myself. The hotel was easy to check in with guest parking that can be used to unload, then the valet your car.
The building was clean, the staff were polite, wifi, cooling, TV all worked well. Bed was comfortable. The room was very modern.
The highlight of the property is the ocean side garden in front of the hotel. Very pretty and quiet.
We were only here one night and didnt get chance to try any food.
I would like to return to portfolio, and if I do, I would give this place a go again.

1  Thank Chrisb321
Domina P, Manager at Hotel Piccolo Portofino, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear customer,
thank you for the nice comment.
We are happy that your stay was to his liking, we hope to have you back with us again, if possible for more days in order to appreciate our cuisine, inspired by the tradition of Liguria with the catch of the day, one of our strong points.
See you soon.
The Director

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This lovely hotel is where you want to be in Portofino. The view, room, staff and beach are all fantastic. Yes, it is a short scenic stroll into town. If you like exploring, this is a great location. My husband and I walked everywhere...even to Santa Margherita where you can catch a boat to Cinque Terre. We cannot wait to go back!

2  Thank Marie C

Dear customer,
thank you for the nice review.
We are happy to be able to immerse themselves in nature and scents of the Mediterranean. We look forward to make you live again the rare beauty of the Ligurian Riviera.
See you soon.