The Splendido has to work hard to match its breathtaking setting - and it succeeds!!
We had a beautiful terrace suite with stunning views over Portofino harbour and the delightful hotel grounds laden with flowers. The suite was luxurious and freshly decorated. It also had the benefit of a small kitchen which was great for mixing drinks and making cups of English tea!
On waking each morning we would throw open our windows and drink in the views.
The main restaurant and poolside restaurant were equally good - the main waiter at the poolside has apparently been at the hotel for 28 years and just oozes charm and charisma. He still clearly loves his job - indeed why wouldn't you?!
The hotel is a 10 minute steep walk to the harbour where we would also recommend lunch at Splendido Mare. A great spot for watching the world go by.
The hotel was very responsive when we asked for some noisy maintenance work on a nearby room to be re-scheduled. We do recognise that it takes work to keep the hotel looking as pristine as it does. This hotel is very well cared for.
We look forward to visiting this hotel for many years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on a hillside over Portofino, Belmond Hotel Splendido is surrounded by fragrant pine trees and peaceful olive groves. Belmond Splendido Mare is a little bit closer to the action, being right on the world-famous Piazzetta. A continuous complementary shuttle service is offered between Belmond Hotel Splendido and Belmond Splendido Mare. Belmond Hotel Splendido - Set in four acres of romantic tropical gardens with superb palm trees, Belmond Hotel Splendido overlooks the bay of Portofino. It boasts 67 guest rooms including 1 single room, 23 double rooms, 31 junior suites and 12 suites. Most rooms have balcony or terrace offering views of the Bay of Portofino. Guests can relax by the heated salt-water pool or at the wellness centre, enjoy a game of tennis at the tennis court or explore the gulf with a private boat, while children have fun at the dedicated Kids’ Club. La Terrazza Restaurant serves delicious Ligurian specialties with a view over the Gulf of Portofino, while the Pool Restaurant is perfect for an informal buffet-style lunch, snacks or a pizza. The Cocktail & Piano Bar offers aperitifs, after-dinner cocktails and live piano music every evening. Belmond Splendido Mare - Belmond Splendido Mare has 16 rooms including 10 double rooms, 4 junior suites and 2 suites, all elegantly decorated and furnished. Most have balconies with superb views of the harbour and the village. Dining at the Chuflay Restaurant, bordering the Piazzetta, is a true Dolce Vita experience. Belmond Splendido Mare shares all the facilities with Belmond Hotel Splendido. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Hotel Splendido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Splendido Hotel Portofino
- Splendido Resort Portofino
- Hotel Splendido Portofino