I stayed with my wife and 1-year old son in April. We stayed 3 nights and were upgraded to a jr suite.
The staff were all so accommodating in particular with regard to our son. They provided bottle warmer, steriliser and electric kettle and of course a crib. Some of these items were brand new and I think purchased because we requested them. They also had a baby seat for us I'm the transfer from genoa airport (165 eur with tax well spent).
At all points all of the staff were so accommodating and kind. It was very impressive the level of training that everyone had. Absolutely no weak link in our experience.
The terrace view and infinity pool are just outrageous. The food was very good. A bit expensive but standard for a view and orient express hotel. We are totally sold on the chain having been to almost all of the properties but we felt particularly obligated to write with regard to our stay this time.
Breakfast buffet and a la carte were fantastic with full spreads and anything on the menu you can think of.
Day trip to cinque terre quite doable and made very easy by the concierge. Shuttle down to portofino v easy though town is small.
All about the terrace, restaurant, pool.
Felt very comfortable with our little man and was also set up such that we did not need to disturb anyone else given space and flexibility with time of meals etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on a hillside over Portofino, Belmond Hotel Splendido is surrounded by fragrant pine trees and peaceful olive groves. Belmond Splendido Mare is a little bit closer to the action, being right on the world-famous Piazzetta. A continuous complementary shuttle service is offered between Belmond Hotel Splendido and Belmond Splendido Mare. Belmond Hotel Splendido - Set in four acres of romantic tropical gardens with superb palm trees, Belmond Hotel Splendido overlooks the bay of Portofino. It boasts 67 guest rooms including 1 single room, 23 double rooms, 31 junior suites and 12 suites. Most rooms have balcony or terrace offering views of the Bay of Portofino. Guests can relax by the heated salt-water pool or at the wellness centre, enjoy a game of tennis at the tennis court or explore the gulf with a private boat, while children have fun at the dedicated Kids’ Club. La Terrazza Restaurant serves delicious Ligurian specialties with a view over the Gulf of Portofino, while the Pool Restaurant is perfect for an informal buffet-style lunch, snacks or a pizza. The Cocktail & Piano Bar offers aperitifs, after-dinner cocktails and live piano music every evening. Belmond Splendido Mare - Belmond Splendido Mare has 16 rooms including 10 double rooms, 4 junior suites and 2 suites, all elegantly decorated and furnished. Most have balconies with superb views of the harbour and the village. Dining at the Chuflay Restaurant, bordering the Piazzetta, is a true Dolce Vita experience. Belmond Splendido Mare shares all the facilities with Belmond Hotel Splendido. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Belmond Hotel Splendido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Splendido Hotel Portofino
- Splendido Resort Portofino
- Hotel Splendido Portofino