My parents took me and my two sisters and our husbands here in May 2013 after a visit to Villa d’Este on Lake Como. Wow…what an experience! Paired with the charming town of Portofino, this has got to be the best vacation spot in Italy. We have stayed in other luxury hotels in Italy and this is our favorite. The view is stunning and the setting is like a dream. We loved lying by the pool and watching the different boats sail into Portofino. The food was excellent and the breakfast each morning was a highlight. It’s pricey, but worth every penny. We loved sitting in the bar every night with the piano player, Vladi. He was great and very entertaining. We also loved Antonio. He really went out of his way to make our stay special. We did have one incident where the maid knocked on my parent’s suite and yelled at my mother for leaving a few towels outside the door… this was unacceptable. All in all, we had the perfect stay and are already planning our next visit. Only next time we come we will stay a week instead of 4 nights!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on a hillside over Portofino, Belmond Hotel Splendido is surrounded by fragrant pine trees and peaceful olive groves. Belmond Splendido Mare is a little bit closer to the action, being right on the world-famous Piazzetta. A continuous complementary shuttle service is offered between Belmond Hotel Splendido and Belmond Splendido Mare. Belmond Hotel Splendido - Set in four acres of romantic tropical gardens with superb palm trees, Belmond Hotel Splendido overlooks the bay of Portofino. It boasts 67 guest rooms including 1 single room, 23 double rooms, 31 junior suites and 12 suites. Most rooms have balcony or terrace offering views of the Bay of Portofino. Guests can relax by the heated salt-water pool or at the wellness centre, enjoy a game of tennis at the tennis court or explore the gulf with a private boat, while children have fun at the dedicated Kids’ Club. La Terrazza Restaurant serves delicious Ligurian specialties with a view over the Gulf of Portofino, while the Pool Restaurant is perfect for an informal buffet-style lunch, snacks or a pizza. The Cocktail & Piano Bar offers aperitifs, after-dinner cocktails and live piano music every evening. Belmond Splendido Mare - Belmond Splendido Mare has 16 rooms including 10 double rooms, 4 junior suites and 2 suites, all elegantly decorated and furnished. Most have balconies with superb views of the harbour and the village. Dining at the Chuflay Restaurant, bordering the Piazzetta, is a true Dolce Vita experience. Belmond Splendido Mare shares all the facilities with Belmond Hotel Splendido. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belmond Hotel Splendido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Splendido Hotel Portofino
- Splendido Resort Portofino
- Hotel Splendido Portofino