Stayed for two nights with my wife as part of a week's road trip on the Riviera.
As you will see from my profile, I stay at a lot of hotels for business (and pleasure) and I'm currently trying to decide if this is perhaps the best place I've ever stayed.
It's expensive, very expensive but, it is also super high class for service, food, rooms, position and quality.
I really couldn't fault any aspect of our stay and I'm really trying in order to give a balanced view but I even think the cost of staying here is completely worth it! Two nights were enough with our limited assets but there were families of 5 spending two weeks there which would knock a hole in £20k!!
I think that if you were to pick this place up and put it in the middle of a big city, you may slightly lessen your opinion but it overlooks one of the worlds' prettiest places and because of this, it is impossible not to take this into account when reviewing.
So, I've decided, this is the best hotel I've ever stayed in and I and to return soon. Many people say that winning the lottery wouldn't change their lives....... Well it would mine because I'd book in here for a month immediately!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on a hillside over Portofino, Belmond Hotel Splendido is surrounded by fragrant pine trees and peaceful olive groves. Belmond Splendido Mare is a little bit closer to the action, being right on the world-famous Piazzetta. A continuous complementary shuttle service is offered between Belmond Hotel Splendido and Belmond Splendido Mare. Belmond Hotel Splendido - Set in four acres of romantic tropical gardens with superb palm trees, Belmond Hotel Splendido overlooks the bay of Portofino. It boasts 67 guest rooms including 1 single room, 23 double rooms, 31 junior suites and 12 suites. Most rooms have balcony or terrace offering views of the Bay of Portofino. Guests can relax by the heated salt-water pool or at the wellness centre, enjoy a game of tennis at the tennis court or explore the gulf with a private boat, while children have fun at the dedicated Kids’ Club. La Terrazza Restaurant serves delicious Ligurian specialties with a view over the Gulf of Portofino, while the Pool Restaurant is perfect for an informal buffet-style lunch, snacks or a pizza. The Cocktail & Piano Bar offers aperitifs, after-dinner cocktails and live piano music every evening. Belmond Splendido Mare - Belmond Splendido Mare has 16 rooms including 10 double rooms, 4 junior suites and 2 suites, all elegantly decorated and furnished. Most have balconies with superb views of the harbour and the village. Dining at the Chuflay Restaurant, bordering the Piazzetta, is a true Dolce Vita experience. Belmond Splendido Mare shares all the facilities with Belmond Hotel Splendido. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS, Belmond and Travelocity so you can book your Belmond Hotel Splendido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Splendido Hotel Portofino
- Splendido Resort Portofino
- Hotel Splendido Portofino