“Poor service”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Located in the harbour, good for people watching. Coke with nibbles cost E7.50. The staff were a bit abrupt and the tables too low to get your knees under them. When I asked for the bill my unfinished drink was taken away.

1  Thank Amanda W

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Went for drinks due to lovely view and found them to be similarly priced to the rest of the bars. Snacks were brought with the drinks, free but a little bit on the stale side.

When my husband requested the wifi password, it was put in to his phone by the waiter, however when I asked a different staff member they told me it straight away, so not sure why the other one was so cagey about it. Did he think we were going to advertise it???

It's not so much 'Jolly', more 'Just OK', verging on 'grumpy'.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is a great bar - we had cocktails there. The staff are very friendly & we had a good evening sipping Martinis & watching the world go by

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We visited Portofino during our stay in the Cinque Terre. It was really a nostalgic visit. The last time we were here was in 1998.

We arrived by ferry on this visit and noted the colours of the buildings weren't as vivid as we recalled, but nevertheless, it is still a very pretty harbour.

Strolled around admiring the harbour and its surrounds and popped into the Jolly Wine bar for a drink. It was very quiet when we were there but that didn't stop the waiters from singing along to the taped music and being jovial.

I note other reviewers comments in relation to pricing - this is PORTOFINO after all. NOTHING is cheap.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Great setting for an afternoon spritz.
Stopped by for a leisurely afternoon with the kids. The lady waitress was very welcoming and friendly. Quite attentive to my 2 little boys.
I ordered an iced chocolate for my son, and received a bowl of icecream. He was very pleased.
My second son didn't want anything so the lovely waitress brought out a small plate of lollies, which made his day.
It all turned sour after that. The male waiter came around and seemed to put everyone in a bad mood. He was walking around stressed and did not smile once.
He even came around and told us to move my sleeping toddlers feet of the chair. RUDE!
The prices are to be expected for a beautiful tourist location.
I say get rid of the grumpy waiter and this would be a beautiful little wine bar to visit.

1  Thank Ellenmaree