All reviews train station cinque terre slow elevator san giorgio the main shopping area nice hotel restaurants and shops fifth floor stayed here for nights eggs and bacon convenient location comfy bed min walk clean rooms breakfast room is comfortable stay mini fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed July 4, 2019 via mobile

Very convenient location - very nice spacious room- comfortable stay - very well served breakfast- customer service was very good-cinqueterra perfect location to start exploring all the small towns. We were looking for a pharmacy and it was within walking distance same with a small shop that carried the electric plugs for their 220 electricity which we forgot at home

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2019

Stayed here for a night when I was visiting C inque Terre.

A short 10 minute walk from the La Spezia train station. It’s a bit of an incline if you plan on dragging your luggage here, but it’s honestly not too bad.

LOCATION: Good location, central to the main shopping/dining area. Also across from a historic castle, the area itself doesn’t look the safest if I’m being honest. Just be careful if you plan on roaming around at night. As mentioned above, it’s located a quick 10 minutes from the train station, which you can take to Cinque Terre. They also have an outdoor elevator you can take without having to take the steps onto the main shopping area. Super convenient!

RECEPTION/FRONT DESK: Right as you step into the hotel, the front desk is there. We arrived right around 3pm, so we were able to check-in right away. Process was very quick; they also charge a city tax. It’s not as expensive as the bigger towns/cities in Italy. They also give you some recommendations on local eateries, also mention complimentary breakfast served at 7am, and give you the wi-fi password as well.
ROOM: Our room was on the 3rd floor of the hotel. We took the stairs because the elevator is a bit slow here. The room was very clean and spacious. It came with 3 small beds, mini fridge, a small vanity and a small television. Closet was a bit small, but not too bad. I honestly slept pretty well on the beds, they were comfy. My only complaint is that the AC didn’t really work in our room. Fortunately, we had a window so we kept that open at night to let some cool air in.

BATHROOM: Love the vanity in their bathroom. Lighting is great. The shower works well, the water pressure is perfect. Also love the towel rack because it heats the towels for you. No complaints about the bathroom.

COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST: I felt spoiled by the hotel. The breakfast is buffet style and they have so much food. There’s bread rolls, toast, pound cake, yogurt, bacon, eggs, cereal, ham & cheese (lots of them), and even a Nutella pump. They also serve coffee which you can order at the counter. This is like a typical breakfast buffet you would PAY for here in America. I was in shock by how much food and the quality is superb. In my opinion.

CONCLUSION: I had a good experience here. I like that it’s central to the restaurants and shops as well as the train station. It’s very quiet, my only complaint is that their AC wasn’t working. Otherwise, I slept well here and I love their complimentary breakfast. Super good!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank cathyisashorty
Reviewed April 26, 2019

My wife and I booked a 17 day trip to Italy which included stops in Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, and Rome. The website we used did not have hotel options in any of the Cinque Terre towns and the closest option was in La Spezia, so we chose the CDH HOTEL LA SPEZIA. We were very pleased not only with the hotel but with the entire town! The hotel was comfortable, the staff was very courteous and accommodating, the breakfast each morning was an abundance of choices, and the location was right in the middle of town with an easy walk to the train station, restaurants, and marina. Each morning after breakfast we would take an easy 10 minute walk to the train station and visit the towns in Cinque Terre, but we always made sure to return to La Spezia in time to explore the town. Tourists really miss an amazing Italian town of La Spezia if they only focus on the 5 Cinque Terre towns. La Spezia was one of our top surprises of our entire trip. What a great little town and what a great hotel CDH Hotel La Spezia is!!

Room tip: 5th floor and higher have the better rooms in our opinion
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights here ,mainly for the cinqueterra. Its advertised as 3 minutes from the train station....well its not ,its about 15 !!!
Situated great for the town and restaurants and the port.
Breakfast is good with plenty of choice, rooms are a bit dated but clean,the corridors echo a bit and with the walls being thin you can hear next door, they are spacious rooms but not enough coathangers,good toiletries provided, helpful staff, on the whole its a good value for money place to stay

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2019

This place is darling. Clean and centrally located. Not a high end hotel but certainly does the trick. Was very pleased with the service and amenities. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Room service was amazing.

Date of stay: March 2019