Hotel Mary
$122
$164
$129
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

Hotel Nella(La Spezia)
$96
$116
$112
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$178
  • Bar/Lounge
$107
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$137
$108
Priceline
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

Albergo Teatro(La Spezia)(Great Value!)
$79
Orbitz.com
$220
$201
Crismar Hotel(La Spezia)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbudget hoteleasy accessextra pillows and blanketscinque terrefree wifihuge roomclose to the train stationyogurtadequate breakfastperfect locationhard boiled eggsclean roomsspent one nightwalking distancerental carstayed here for nightscheckers
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Mary Hotel's sign is the first visible hotel upon walking out of the train station. We were on our way out of the Cinque Terre and had tickets from La Spezia --> Rome the next morning at the crack of dawn. We decided to stay in La Spezia for the sole purpose of staying the night near to the terminal. My boyfriend and I checked in early in the morning (8 AM) but since it was not yet check-in time, we were asked to leave our bags in a very public room while we explored Pisa/Lucca for the day. I wasn't comfortable with it, but there wasn't anything valuable so we hid them behind a TV. There were other bags in there too.

The staff spoke some broken English, confirmed that we had a non-smoking room, and wrote our names down after charging our card. When we returned about 13 hours later, our bags were intact, and we went up the tiny elevator (standard for Europe, I think). Our room was basic yet clean. We had a strong WiFi signal, a hot shower, and a comfortably firm bed. The A/C worked well but the curtains let a significant amount of light in.

I think we were overcharged based on the amenities, but this was made up for in the location/convenience to La Spezia's terminal. A few people talked about the safety of the street, but I considered it a non-issue since this is off a main street directly in front of the train. I felt safe returning at 9 PM that evening.

The breakfast was simple but pretty comprehensive (toast, cereal, fruits, SOYMILK, nutella spreads, etc). Our checkout was simple (hand them the key). Overall, the experience was no more or less than average.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brooke J
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel is a modest one, but our room was clean. Great location. When we arrived we changed our reservation and requested a room in the rear as the street seemed to noisy. They were very cooperative about this, as we went from a double to a four bed room. The staff was quick to respond when we had difficultly with the safe, and the remote for the air-conditioning. One must shut the windows for the air to come on. They gave us a great tip on a restaurant, and their breakfast buffet was diverse and satisfying.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mlkSrq
Reviewed September 11, 2013

As a solo female traveler, I found the area where this hotel was located in La Spezia to be disgusting. I was very distraught when I saw the location and the condition of the hotel. Being a non-smoker, my crappy little one bedroom reaked of smoke. I stayed one night then went over and booked a room in old town Monterosso and enjoyed the rest of my time in beautiful Cinque Terra! I would never stay at Mary again, never.

Room Tip: I'm sure they all suck.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank SKenney1771
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Highly recommended for single traveller or the budget traveller as a jumping-off point for Cinque Terre. My single room was small but comfortable, with own bathroom consisting of small shower, toilet & bidet. It has its own air-conditioning and everything was VERY clean! Excellent WiFi coverage in my room and breakfast was simple but pleasant.
The hotel is literally in front of the La Spezia train station and is perfect for visitors arriving by train. A day-pass (10 Euro) for Cinque Terre and the train took all of 9 minutes to reach the first of the Cinque Terre villages. It continues and stops at all the 5 villages & beyond. I arrived by car and had to find parking on the crowded streets near the hotel as the hotel has no parking lot.
A short walk to the right of the hotel brings one to a area with many moderately priced restaurants with excellent menus.
I would recommend avoiding the crowd and high prices of hotels in the 5 villages and use Hotel Mary as your base for visiting Cinque Terre.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TavernaSofia
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Positive points :
- near the rail station
- good WI FI
- breakfast included in price
- clean rooms
- air conditionat
-nice and helpfull staff

Negative points :
- small rooms
- thin walls(you can easily near your neighbor)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple