Hotel Nella
$98
$95
$108
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

Albergo Teatro(La Spezia)(Great Value!)
$79
Orbitz.com
$137
$108
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$84
$113
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewseconomical stayday of sight seeingcinque terrevery nice hotelbreakfast was includedthe air conditioningwifi
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Hotel Nella is a family owned business (you will meet the mother and son on premisis) and this goes far in my books. They are friendly, and the staff will assist where they can, even with english. This location is a pure community feel, and I suggest you try it. You can experience high mountain feeling, for a very reasonable price. The decor is very nice and clean. Parking is secure, and a few steps away. The rooms are small, but a balcony and common patio help you accept these limits. You can use this to visit Cinque Terra, and almost feel like one of those town's residence. Breakfast is limited, but fresh and fresh hot beverages made. One cool thing, you are part of the power conservation, the light are auto shut off, and when you walk around you turn the light you need, then they shut off. Free WIFI is modern, for those to connect. I go back again.

Room Tip: If you like "space" and are willing to spend it, book a double for yourself.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The Hotel Nella is an average hotel in the area but I beefed up my rating by one because they've got a such a nice staff, the price is very good compared to other places in the area, and they were very welcoming to my dog. Eighty euros got me a standard bedroom with space for a small desk, a loveseat and a bathroom. For one person and a dog it was plenty of space. The bed was typical european: firm but comfortable. There was storage built in around the bed which would be great for people staying more than a day or two. The bathroom was a good size with all the necessities and clean. The floor throughout was tile which got cold at night, but the Hotel Nella thoughtfully provided guests with slippers. Breakfast was included in the room price and was an extensive European breakfast. No complaints there. Parking was easy and free.
The staff was great throughout my short stay. The gentlemen who checked me in was welcoming and pleasant and also provided me assistance with the area. The woman who checked me out was just as pleasant and was very nice when I booked. Even the cleaning staff was very helpful.
One note--there isn't a lot immediately surrounding the hotel. It has a good access to hiking paths and is just a short drive from La Spezia and Riomaggiore, but there didn't seem to be much within easy walking distance. There is a pizzeria directly across the street and a cafe-bar and an osteria (which smelled incredible when I walked by) just around the corner. It is definitely not a bustling metropolis--which I saw as an advantage.
Bottom line, I wasn't looking for an extravagant hotel so Hotel Nella was perfect for me and my budget on this getaway. I will stay here again, but next time will probably request one of the rooms with a balcony.

Room Tip: If you can, request a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We didn't realize that Nella was up in the hills over looking La Spezia. It got late and dark and we couldn't find the hotel. There is no illuminated signage as you come to the crossroads going up the hill. Staff didn't seem particularly keen to see us particularly when we commented on our difficulties in finding the property. The rooms were adequate but we couldn't get the AC remote control to function properly in one of the rooms and were told that's the way it is. We used the other one to program the AC) The breakfast was fine and the instructions on how to access the parking and the train to Cinque Terre were quite helpful.. Probably not a great idea for a one night stay. On the other hand the room was adequate although the shower was a bit awkward, and it was good value for the money.

Room Tip: arrive during day and make sure your directions are clear if you're driving as opposed to taxi.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Hotel Nella was the best surprise we had during our visit to Italy. Mind you, it takes a little persistance to get to the hotel....but it is well worth the effort. Our room was large (by European standards), spotless, very comfortable, and quiet. The peaceful surroundings were a welcome change from the hustle and bustle of the other cities we had visited. We enjoyed our dinner in the restaurant and the breakfasts we very nice. There is a restaurant across the street where we enjoyed a dinner as well. It was a beautiful setting and we enjoyed sitting on our balcony and enjoying the cool evening air each night. This was the perfect place for us to stay while revelling in the wonders of Cinque Terre!

The bus (La Foca) leaves from below the train station and takes about 10 - 15 minutes to arrive at the hotel - the last bus runs at 8:00 pm - so you cannot stay out late! But after hiking all day in Cinque Terre - it was actually nice to have an excuse to go back to the hotel and relax (you cannot walk the distance as it is a very steep winding road - and you could never carry anything, like luggage, up this grade). The bus will take you down to La Spezia each morning and you can easily catch the train to Cinque Terre!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Fantastic family run hotel that offers a taste of country Italy and friendly Italian hospitality. Well priced large room that included free WIFI and Foxtel TV. Free secure parking is available directly across the street. Drive into town takes approx. 5-10 minutes. The hotel offers well priced and very tasty meals as does the restaurant directly opposite the hotel. We thoroughly recommend this hotel for those who are looking for the "real" Italian country feel. Be aware that there are quite a few steps to walk to get to the rooms(no lifts) but the hotel staff are happy to assist with luggage.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple