We stayed at Hotel Firenze for two nights in September, and had a wonderful time. The hotel is only moments walk from the main train station, which was convenient when we arrived by train from Florence. To access the Cinque Terra, it was very easy to just walk a few moments back to the train station each day and jump on the train line that drops tourists off at each of the five main villages.
Our room was clean and had a charming view out over La Spezia. The breakfast room was cute and there was a good variety of choices in the buffet selection. The staff were great - they cheekily held back giving us our room keys each day until we (poorly) tried to ricite to them the room number in Italian - plenty of laughs all round.
As has been mentioned in previous reviews of this hotel, the family run restaurant across the road is fantastic. My fiance proposed to me along Via Dell' Amore on the first night, and we returned by train to this wonderful restaurant and were not disappointed. The homemade ravioli, veal with lemon sauce, and marinated mussels were divine!!!
If you are up for it, walking the path between each of the five villages along the Cinque Terra is definitely a must. We started at the fifth town Monterosso around 10.30am, stopped often along the way for shopping, lunch, a swim, and dinner, and finished at the last town at 8.30pm. Incredible!!
A great two days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building's original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia