We stayed at the Firenze Continental in May 2014 for 4 nights when visiting Cinque Terre. The hotel is very close to La Spezia station - 2 minutes walk. The hotel was charming and a little old worldy. The reception staff were excellent and very helpful. Our room was on the 4th floor with a view toward the hills. The room was spacious with a big bathroom. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Even though it was close to the station we had no problem sleeping at night. The breakfast room was delightful with beautiful views out the window. The staff were lovely. There was a huge variety of fresh food including fresh warm bread, cheese, meat, cereals, yogurt, jams, cakes and more. In the evening there is a happy hour and the hotel provided nibbles in the bar. In La Spezia there's plenty of cafes and restaurants as well as shops for supplies. This is a great place to base yourself for visiting Cinque Terre. We got a cinque terre card from the station and spent 3 days visiting the 5 villages which are all charming. Unfortunately only one walk was open while we were there from Monterosso to Vernazza. The walk takes around 2 to 3 hours depending on how fit you are and how many times to stop to admire the stunning views. There's also lots of steps involved. The other walks were closed due to land slip which was disappointing but we visited each village by train using our cinque terre card. All the villages were different and charming and we'd recommend seeing all. We'd definitely stay at the Hotel Firenze Continental at La Spezia if visiting the area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building's original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia