We chose this for the proximity to the train station which we were grateful for after a long day. Check in was very easy, and our mid-sized SUV fit snugly in the underground reserved parking.
The 4th floor superior double room was clean, the bed very comfortable, and had a mountain view. The medium sized room also had a safe, desk, two sitting chairs, and refrigerator. The 8 euro wi-fi charge is for 24 hrs of actual use (log on/log off and it lasted us three days). Bathroom is the euro style with small shower stall but plenty of pressure and very hot water if desired.
The breakfast was a nice surprise! Nice table settings, mountain view, ample pastry, cheese, meat selections, cappuccino, espresso, or American coffee. The attendant was friendly, smiled a lot, spoke English and attentive.
The desk clerk was helpful in assisting with train and bus schedules, (5 euros roundtrip bus fare to Porto Venere or Lerici). His restaurant recommendation, Osteria della Corte, was great!
We paid 218 euros for two nights and thought it was well worth it for the amenities, cleanliness, and location. We are returning in April and will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building's original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia