“Okey food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Liked the bruschetta.
Didn´t like the ambiance or loud music or that the waitress couldn´t speak or understand english. Prices were quite high, 5,50 euros for a bruschetta!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were disgusted with the service at this restaurant. The little food that we did manage to get was great, but for the terrible service it's just not worth it.
Don't bother eating here unless you'd just like to see the food going by, not eat it yourself.

My mother and I were in La Spezia for one night. We wanted to eat a delicious meal together, as this was our last night in Italy before crossing over in to Spain.

We chose Peppereno because it was affordable and the food we saw on everyone else's tables looked delicious. We were given a table immediately, and they were extremely busy. When our waiter came over, I order ravioli and my mother ordered a margarita pizza with extra mushrooms. We were told that the pizza would take between 30-40 minutes, but we were more than happy to wait.

I had ordered a caveat of white wine, that arrived with no glass. It took me another 20 minutes to flag down a waiter to find me one, only to bring me a tumbler instead, when we already had two on the table.

I received my ravioli after about 30 minutes, it was absolutely delicious. We had to request the same bread that everyone else seemed to be receiving on their tables and I had to walk around to find my own salt, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

We shared my ravioli and the bread, but still no pizza had arrived and we hadn't seen our waiter again. No one came to clear my empty plate, and for another 30 minutes we were completely ignored. Three people came to sit behind us and started smoking, and then received their food and drinks within minutes - they seemed to know the waiters, some of whom were smoking with them.

After waiting for the pizza for an hour and a half, we stood up and went into the restaurant to cancel our order, as it was already 11:45 at night. Our own waiter was at the till and couldn't even remember us or where we had sat. He then charged us our total amount - had this happened in South Africa, where we are from, the restaurant would have offered us the meal for free, or at least our drinks for free. We also had to pay a €3 seating charge which we felt should have been wavered at least.

We were shocked and disappointed. Such great chefs in the kitchen being completely let down by the over worked, bad staff on the restaurant floor.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had a terriible experience this night. They forgot our order, and noone seemed to bother to explain. After one we got the food like nothing was wrong and no excuses - and full prices.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

One of the best pizza ever!
amazing thin and delicious crust,
large range of topping choices
at reasonable prices .
huge outdoor terazza rounded with plants
I had half a pizza at lardo di colonnata with truffle oil
and half of a nut pesto with mascarpone/gorgonzola cheese
one of the cheapest bottle of red wine (a barolo?)
was excellent
cool young ragazzi with typical accent as waiters

1  Thank erubeme
Reviewed August 8, 2012

we had two amazing pizzas there. the people were very nice to us and we enjoyed a good lunch on the piazza next to the restaurant. lovely! Go there and find out yourself.