“Best Italian food”

Gira dal Pomo Pizzeria Trattoria
Ranked #152 of 414 Restaurants in La Spezia
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bucharest, Romania
“Best Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ate here several times because we adored this place. The waiter, Thomas, was really attentive and always in a good mood, one of the best waiters I ever met. And the rest of the staff was the same. Great atmosphere, nice place and GREAT food. We had the best pizza ever, called Mascalzone. But we also tried pizza Capriciosa and Quatro Stagioni, which were also amazing. Not to mention the pasta: ravioli al ragu, spaghetti alla bolognese (which weren't on the menu, but the waiter said that the cook could prepare them in no time) and the very best spaghetto ai frutti di mare I ever had (fresh shrimps, krills, squid, octopus, oysters and mussels). Simply amazing! My boyfriend also tried the grilled sea bream, deliciously prepared! The house wine is one of the best I ever tasted and the tiramisu must be tasted. It's a most-go-to place in La Spezia

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
“Buonissima Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stumbled upon Il Pomodoro our first night in La Spezia since it's right on a corner very close to the Central train station. We were greeted with all smiles and incredible courtesy. It only got better from there. The selection of pizza was amazing and the quality of the ingredients and portion sizes were equally impressive. We noticed that everyone left with a to-go box in hand. With a packed house of mostly locals, the atmosphere was casual and comfortable. The staff, particularly our server Tomas, were very attentive and made us feel very special. The local red house wine was fantastic as was the limoncello offered after our meal. I would highly recommend Il Pomodoro for their prices, courtesy, quality and overall experience. I look forward to eating there again during my next visit to La Spezia.

• Visited June 2013
Pensacola, Florida, United States
“Great Pizza near Train Station!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

My mom and I stop in here every time we go to the train station (we are staying in La Spezia for a few months). Very reasonably priced, awesome pizza, and good house white wine. The service is great even though they are always busy (usually serving locals). Take a left when leaving the train station and walk straight down the sidewalk. It will be on the corner on the left (the sign is maroon).

• Visited April 2013
Austin, Texas
“Outstanding Pizza at Great Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I ate here two nights during our stay in La Spezia. They have about 100 pizzas to chose from ranging from 3 to 7 euros each. The owner and waiter were exceptionally friendly and eager to please. You can tell that they use the freshest ingredients in their pizzas because they are full of flavor. To top it all of, the wine was good and cheap as well. I want to visit La Spezia again soon just so that I can dine here again.

• Visited July 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Great Pizza...Best ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We went in here for a quick take out. The gentlemen were very nice and entertaining. We chose from the chalkboard on the way in. Our pizza with meats and mushrooms and artichoke hearts was fantastic. We also got the tuna salad...great combo with lettuce,corn, tomatoes and kalamata olives. Pizza and salad made for a full and reasonably priced meal. Next time we're eating there to spend more time visiting with the owners.

Visited May 2012